• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Salas Folded Simplistic Phono PCB

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have added a column for Elna caps set. It looks like 16.00usd for the following. This will bump up shipping as well. Assuming we do a set of heatsinks in the minikit (Looking for feedback on this still) this may push non US shipping to Priority Mail range of 26.00USD. I dont have this stuff on hand to weigh yet and test in a box or their envelope.

This will be for
4-470uf 50v
2- 22uf 100v
4- 47uf 100v

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
This will be for
4-470uf 50v
2- 22uf 100v
4- 47uf 100v

It takes 6x470uF for two channels not 4. There are 2 more in the regs.

Attachments

• Caps.jpg
    Caps.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 635
I have added a column for Elna caps set. It looks like 16.00usd for the following. This will bump up shipping as well. Assuming we do a set of heatsinks in the minikit (Looking for feedback on this still) this may push non US shipping to Priority Mail range of 26.00USD. I dont have this stuff on hand to weigh yet and test in a box or their envelope.

This will be for
4-470uf 50v
2- 22uf 100v
4- 47uf 100v

So, I understand that the electrolytics will not be included in the mini-kit. Is that correct?
Will the mini-kit include matched pair of 2SK369?

For me, you may well skip the heatsinks in the mini-kit, since they are readily available in many sources.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So, I understand that the electrolytics will not be included in the mini-kit. Is that correct?
Will the mini-kit include matched pair of 2SK369?

For me, you may well skip the heatsinks in the mini-kit, since they are readily available in many sources.

It's a matter of demand to a degree for the minikit.
The power supply resistors and transistors
2sk170 pairs per salas range recommendations I will try to get from a source.
Bc560c likely unmatched for signal portion.

The2sk369 will not be in minikit but are optional.
This of course assumes I can get 500-1000 of them.

I don't mind skipping heatsinks or caps, or allowing them
To be optional. They are bulky and heavy and will be expensive to ship.
Pending debate this week I will make decision this weekend and start taking payments to get the ball rolling.

I say yes to caps!

Thanks Teabag, caps and heat sinks would be great. Have added myself to the list. I am so excited about this and having these parts round up for me. My work takes up so much of my time.... Blah blah. The work your putting in to make this happen will make it happen for me.

Thank you

Bix

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I will be sending out invoices and PM hopefully this weekend. Still some details to work out.
Based on current demand, I will not be able to provide all the matched quads needed.
To first address that, only one quad per member at this point.

I'd rather work with my vendor than run through ebay for these parts.

Also the 2SA970BL are no longer available either. Minikit details are almost done.

Since I will be using Paypal invoice strictly to avoid problems, then I am line iteming Elna Silimic II kits and Heatsinks. They will be above MSRP to cover a built in shipping costs. Same with the minikits I believe, unless I run into trouble with that. Big orders just may get multiple shipments.

You will also be given the opportunity to insure your package as well.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is what the minikit is mostly going to look like. Quantities and final pricing to be established, and then will be posted to the first post. It will be enough to do one the stereo set - so at least two of everything listed here. Small transistors TO-92 will need to be measured by you, and so multiples will be included to do so.
I wont promise that 100 percent of parts will be assumed to need no tweaking of values based on system, but this is a really good start. Only 1.2K, VR1 and Vishay caps go in the signal side of the system. The rest is for Shunt Supply.

The 27 and 33 R and 6.2k and 9.1K resistors are for use as R6x and R3x respectively based on IDSS of 2SK117GRs. Most that I measured for me own system were on the high side, generally 4.8-5.8ma
3MM RED LED
BC560C Fairchild High HFE
2SK117GR
BC550C Fairchild HIGH HFE
Vishay 15R 100PPM metal film 1W
VISHAY - MRS25 Series .6W 6.2K 50ppm
MRS25 9.1K
MRS25 120R
MRS25 33.2R
MRS25 27.4R
IRF9610PBF
IRF9530PBF
TT/IRC 1.2K 3W 100PPM
Bourns 3296Y 1K
Bourns 3296Y 2K
4 position SPST
KEMET 0.1uf 100v 5
1.2R 1/2W 5% (microresistor)
RIAA Caps
Vishay MKP-1837 .015
Vishay MKP-1837 .047
Xicon Polystrene 100pf (C2Y trimmer, several)

Let me know if there are any questions.