• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB For Salas DCG-3 and DCSTB Power Supplies

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Tea-Bag,

I would like to be added to the next group buy list, both boards and full kit for the DCG-3 and 2 full kits (dual mono) for the DCSTB power supply. Sorry if I'm not doing this right; I wasn't sure if I was supposed to add my name and order to the Google spreadsheet that's in your signature or not. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks again for putting this all together.

I added you to the spreadsheet. You are all set for now.

MShipmanPE,

I completed the build from parts from Tea-Bag's last GB. My understanding is that you need the following (assuming you are buying boards and associated full kits from Tea-Bag):

1 x DCG-3 PreAmp board
1 x DCG-full kit (no board, includes transistor kit)
1 x DCSTB board - 2 sections (this board has 2 sections)
2 x DCSTB Full kit (No board, includes transistor kit) per side $40 - you will need parts for both sides/sections)

Others, please correct me if I am wrong.

Joined 2006
Paid Member

Reminder :

Hello,
The current GB for Salas boards is open until 4/30/2017. You must pay by then. If you signed up on the spreadsheet, I should have sent you a private message with details. If you have not received a private message, then send me one.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Tea-bag
Thank you for yet again doing a group buy. I always enjoy your work.
Can I be added to the group buy waiting list for dcg3 pcb and 2 power supply boards and components kits for both main board and psu?

Done, I have added you to the waiting list. I will need to ship out current kits and boards once arrived and then see if I have any left over.
Supply is currently tight for DCSTB boards.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
DELAY!!

I am currently awaiting the boards arrival.

The board house unfortunately shipped the circuit boards to another country.
This is a first.

They were unable to get the customs department for that country to re-direct package to me. So the boards are back in production line.

I hope to ship the boards out in less than 2 weeks. My apologies for the delay.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Tea-Bag,

i just tuned into this thread. I may want to joing the next GB and I would like to be correct on what I need to order. So as I see it:

1. I can order 1 DCG3 pcb which is good for both channels and a full transistor kit. I then supply the rest of the components.

2. I can order 2 DCSTB pcb's and a full kit. I then supply the rest of the components.

3. If I need more than one set of inputs, I have to order an I- Select kit also.

Please correct if I am wrong.

BR,

Myles

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Myles.
1. Is correct.
2. is confusing. That's partly by the options available. DCSTB is the PS board.
The DCSTB board itself has two sections. So ordering that board will give you the ability to run the DCG-3 board dual mono. An independent power supply for each channel. That is Salas recommendation. However if space is a concern, then it can be run with just 1 part of DCSTB PS board with larger heatsinks and different fuses. Generally people order two transistor or two full kits for DCSTB and 1 transistor kit or full kit for the DCG-3

3. For the I-Select, yes this can be put into about anything as a selector and volume control.

My dcg3 with I-select. AC tapping direct from one of the channels of the dcstb. No hum, noise, anything but pure good sound. Recommended.
608717d1490984125-salas-dcg3-preamp-line-headphone-20170331_201208.jpg

Myles,

I did a build very similar to Bambadoo - this is what I ordered from Tea-Bag:

I-Select x 1
I-Select Kit (no board) x 1
DCG-3 PreAmp board x 1
DCG-full kit (no board, includes transistor kit) x 1
DCSTB board - 2 sections x 1
DCSTB Full kit (No board, includes transistor kit) x 2

I ended up doing the build without the I-Select, plan to integrate that later.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: