• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for DC coupled B1 buffer with shunt PSUs

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Nice, my MEZ arrived too. Top quality board. A big thank you to everyone involved in the GB!

Attachments

• dcb1_light_small.jpg
    dcb1_light_small.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 436
Glad that you found my Aleph-X page helpful! I'm still learning and at times still feel like a complete noob. My ability to copy designs and populate PCBs is often far ahead of my actual understanding of how/why things work.

I'm looking forward to getting my new preamp up and running! Thanks for your efforts!

In an Avro X powered system that will be? It will be nice to hear back from you after initial tests. Regards.

Indeed! One of the DCB1 preamps is intended for my 150w Aleph-X amps and the Avro open baffle speakers. One of the other boards is likely to become and F5 based integrated amp to reduce "box clutter" elsewhere in the house.

I still have a few XO changes to make to the Avros, and at some point am interested in swapping the IRFP9610 input differential in the Aleph-X amps with 2SK170 JFETs. I will be happy to provide an assessment when I get everything up and running!

Just make it standard, and we will be here to give you tips to evaluate when time comes. To appreciate small changes or not, has to be a step process anyway.

Ha! Isn't that what DIY is all about?!? :D Countless hours of listening, tweaking, listening again, measuring, tweaking, etc. I'm not sure that I'll ever be "done" with anything :bawling: