• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Output transformers for 6V6 PP

Here is my limited experience with Toroidy as a source of output transformers for the Baby Huey. I have not implemented them yet but had excellent experience with buying Toroidy transformers from TDE shown in the link at the bottom.

Gingertube wrote that for personal listening he prefers his 6V6/6SL7 implementation of Baby Huey with 10k ohm output transformers. This suggested that 10k primaries were better for 6v6 PP topologies than the often-used 8k output transformers. Though, unfortunately, the former are less easy to find these days.

I wanted to let prospective BH 6V6 implementers know that Toroidy from Poland has an offering (toroidal of course) that seems to be ideal for BH 6V6 amplifiers. UL 10k primaries and 4 and 8 ohm outputs, and at 25VA capability plenty for 6V6 amplifiers. The TTG-ECL86PP is available at a great price from TME (I paid US$46 each), shipped to Mid-USA for 9.90 a pair. (I have no commercial relation, other than being a happy customer).

Check:
toroidy - Searched phrase | Electronic components. Distributor, online shop – Transfer Multisort Elektronik | Toroidal Transformers | Wide choice of elements and components, electronic parts / TME