• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for Baby Huey PCB

Hello Prasi,

I am back from my holidays in USA :D

Could you add me for two boards please :)

As I have said already this PCB has not been tested in this version but it is exactly the same than the EL34 version except that the output tubes 8-pin octal socket has been replaced by a 9-pin noval socket !

I will make another visual check and if anyone find somethings strange on the schema or the PCB, please let me know ?

Cheers,
Marc

Attachments

• Schema EL84 Baby Huey Rev 1.4.pdf
    157.6 KB · Views: 104
  • PCB EL84 Baby Huey Rev 1.4.png
    PCB EL84 Baby Huey Rev 1.4.png
    166 KB · Views: 279
Hello Prasi,

I am back from my holidays in USA :D

Could you add me for two boards please :)

As I have said already this PCB has not been tested in this version but it is exactly the same than the EL34 version except that the output tubes 8-pin octal socket has been replaced by a 9-pin noval socket !

I will make another visual check and if anyone find somethings strange on the schema or the PCB, please let me know ?

Cheers,
Marc

Hi Marc

Hope you enjoy your holidays.

I haven’t check your pcb but have a few comments for your schematic;

1. If you limit the B+ (Va) at 300Vdc, suggest to write 210Vac max (instead of 275Vac)

2. With a B+ of 300Vdc, a pair of EL84 can output 17W at 4% thd, I would recommend using a 8K, 25W opt instead of a 8K, 10W.

3. The 75Vac for the fixed bias adjustment seems high, using a smaller voltage source would make it easier to adjust the bias. Maybe 25Vac would be ok while changing some value in the circuit. Someone might want to verify this, all my tube amps are self bias...

Very nice work.

BR
Eric

Hello,

So finally we have now request for 38 boards :)

I have therefor made some more control of the PCB and I have send the last version of the files to Prasi who can make more improvement if he feel necessary...

Only 5 PCB of the first version were produced and I was not very happy with the layout. :mad:

Later, I made the EL34 Baby Huey version and 370 PCB were produced :c_flag: This PCB was much better and I used it to make this new version of the EL84 Baby Huey, but I took advantage of this change to improve some features, by example I added the possibility to connect a DC filter Choke ( http://www.hammondmfg.com/153.htm ) instead of a 10 ohms resistor in the high voltage power supply circuitry since several builders of the EL34 version have made this modification :D I have also increased the size of C10 and C11 to 13 mm instead of 10.5 mm to give the possibility to use bigger capacitors for a better filtering.

You can see the latest version in this post and give your feedback if you find somethings wrong or even strange :eek:

I hope that we will reach the 50 PCB soon and Prasi can place the order so we will receive the boards before Christmas :santa2:

Best regards,
Marc

Attachments

• Schema EL84 Baby Huey Rev 1.5.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 132
  • PCB EL84 Baby Huey Rev 1.5.png
    PCB EL84 Baby Huey Rev 1.5.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 318
LIST FOR BHEL84

meanie 4 nos
Bfpca 4 nos
overtheairbroadcast 4 nos
odie1427 2 nos.
xbitwise 2 nos.
nerdorama 2 nos.
SCD 4 nos.
TIC37 4 nos.
bandol83 2 nos.
pvphil 2 nos.
vasillis 6 nos.
Carrier Bag Man 2 nos.
dtaylo3 2 nos.

Total: 40 nos.

DIYA hasnt been giving me any notifications, already under discussion in forum problem threads... So I will keep the thread open for a few more days so that people have a chance to see / come across the thread.