• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB F5X Amp final build Cases

> Making the heat sink assembly longer means that the AUX transformer on the rear bracket will not fit.

Fully correct.

Let me show you what Solution (C) looks like, before you decide.
It is for me a much better solution.
And I do want you to have a deserving case to build the amp with.

Patrick

Attachments

• F5X GB3 Solution C.png
    F5X GB3 Solution C.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 213
One more mistake, unfortunately.
I vaguely remember that I also have this on my own example.

The two important holes for holding the MOSFETS on the regulator heat sink are OK.
But there us a mismatch for the other two mounting holes.

Two simple solution :

1) Just use a female/female standoff to hold the height of the PCB while soldering the MOSFETs.
After that the PCB is held only by the MOSFETs.
But since there is no real mechanical load, this is just fine.
No machining required.

2)If you have good mechanical skills, then re-tapping two M3 holes should also not be a great challenge.

Again my apologies,
Patrick

Attachments

• F5X GB3 Workaround 4.jpg
    F5X GB3 Workaround 4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 208
In addition to the Cap Mx new tapped holes that I showed earlier, I shortened the Cap Mx standoffs by 5mm to get more room between the sink and the top cover. Cap Mx PCBs are resting on 10mm standoffs and the Mosfets. I did not make new tapped holes for the standoffs.

Protection PCB’s to-220 devices are floating in the air and I’ve put some kapton tape for insulation between the devices and the front panel. I noticed that they barely even get warm with my choise of relays. I will fix this eventually with the M4/M3 adaptor screws.