• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB - ACA Power Supply Filter Kits

Not supercritical. Just note the physical size and the lead spacing. You may have to bend the leads a bit. Electrically your choice of 210uH is a little more inductance (so just fine), and 4A is a little lower current rating, but plenty for the circuit (so also perfectly fine).

I was just wondering if you still happen to have a couple of pcb's hiding out there, without a home?

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I am just wondering if I could use (On the ACA PSU Filter PCB) for C2 and C3 a 1000μf 35V instead of 50V?

I am using exclusively only the 24V PSU.
Absolutely - I think that's a typo on the schematic. I shipped the kits with 35V IIRC. So by all means, 1000uF 35V.

I used the same series of caps that were called out in the store's P089ZB kit. Nichicon UHW or Kemet ESH series.

Absolutely - I think that's a typo on the schematic. I shipped the kits with 35V IIRC. So by all means, 1000uF 35V.

I used the same series of caps that were called out in the store's P089ZB kit. Nichicon UHW or Kemet ESH series.
Thank you for your reply, I was just checking just in case there was a reason for 50V.
Thank for your design and for sharinmg the Gerbers with us.

Bambos

Hi folks,

Is there a consensus among members who've installed the filter as to what the sonic improvements are? I've discovered a slight vocal sibilance audible with some tweeters and am wondering where the source is. The Meanwell brick, coupling caps or something else? I have the v1.6 running in stereo mode.

Thanks,
Glenn

Joined 2007
Paid Member
@ripblade
You’re a prime candidate to try it and report back. I have mono blocks with the filters installed and honestly I can’t tell a difference. However, I didn’t have a problem I was trying to address, you do. All that to say that I do have extra kits available (I ordered for future projects) and would be willing to send you one. PM me if interested.

@ripblade
You’re a prime candidate to try it and report back. I have mono blocks with the filters installed and honestly I can’t tell a difference. However, I didn’t have a problem I was trying to address, you do. All that to say that I do have extra kits available (I ordered for future projects) and would be willing to send you one. PM me if interested.

I'm definitely interested, Kevin. I'm not sure how to contact you directly. Is there a minimum post count I need to fulfill before I can do that?

I'm not sure I even understand the instruction given here:

New members who are still under moderation are not allowed to send private messages. Also known as "Start a conversation."
This is to prevent spam by private message.

If you need to contact a forum member about a group buy, or an item on offer, you can post in the thread to request a PM. You will be able to read an reply to that PM.

Once a member has cleared moderation, starting PM will be available.
Do I post the request here is or is there a dedicated thread for starting PMs somewhere?

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ot-send-private-messages.384831/#post-6986646

Every time I get used to something they change all the rules.:ROFLMAO:

This is what I see....

Screenshot_20220707-192033.png