FW Announcement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I am preparing to post the following at the FW website:

Watt's New

This has always been about making amplifiers.

Dick Olsher famously remarked that “The first watt is the most important watt.”
With this in mind, I created First Watt in 1998 as a "kitchen-table" effort, exploring
unusual low power amplifiers with an emphasis on sound quality. I wanted to design
a variety of amplifier designs in what I think of as neglected areas - amplifiers that
might not fit into the mainstream and are probably not appropriate to my more
mainstream business, Pass Labs.

Fourteen years later I have largely accomplished that goal, but along the way it seems
that I have created a commercial enterprise that has outgrown my ability to handle alone.
I tried addressing that by hiring my nephew and son to help, but they wandered off to their
own careers (as offspring will do), leaving me with all the work.

Don't get me wrong, I like work - It's good for you. Building product is fun and keeps me
grounded, but production demands are not leaving me with enough time to pursue the vast
array of yet-to-be-designed amplifiers. So I am doing the logical thing, which is to hand the
business end of First Watt over to Pass Labs, bringing my three business partners to the table
as well. My relationships with these people stretch back to 1972 with ESS, through the
Threshold years and for the 25 years of Pass Labs, and I'm certain they can do the job flawlessly.

Starting in April, Pass Labs will be building First Watt amplifiers and will also take responsibility
for marketing and distribution. Support and service policies will remain the same.

I will continue at what I do best, the fun part.

Nelson Pass
April 1 (not kidding) 2016

:cool:

Attachments

• Beef-rendang-3-600x403.png
    Beef-rendang-3-600x403.png
    392.2 KB · Views: 478
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.