Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
One needs to be objective in order to see that everything is thoroughly saturated with snake oil. We live in such an era. Name any product you use, from a car to a mobile phone, from services to politics, and there will be tons of the best and fattest snake oil. Even in the cheapest aluminum wire, market experts will always explain to you why it is better than copper wire.
By the way, who was the manufacturer of snake oil? Giordano Bruno or those who burned him?

Last edited:
He offers a remote dowsing service
Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd read. :D

It's given me an idea, though. Perhaps I should offer a remote telekinetic house-cleaning service? I will think your dust-motes and pet-fluff into oblivion from the comfort of my home, for only $199.99 Canadian per psychic housecleaning.

And for your further enjoyment, I offer up this absolutely brilliant small business: Rapture Pet Care Takes Care of Your Pets After the Apocalypse

-Gnobuddy

View attachment 782353 I borrowed one of these Geoclense units from a friend of a friend. The intended purpose is to 'harmonise' the radiations from household wiring. Turns out when plugged into dual wall socket supplying any audio gear the sound changes with marked (resonant) increase in bass. Just sayin'.

Dan.

Not sure if Dan is being serious or not :beady:

But I did find an interesting Choice review of the Geoclense - they actually substantiated one of the claims!

Geoclense Home Harmonizer review - CHOICE

:D

One needs to be objective in order to see that everything is thoroughly saturated with snake oil. We live in such an era. Name any product you use, from a car to a mobile phone, from services to politics, and there will be tons of the best and fattest snake oil. Even in the cheapest aluminum wire, market experts will always explain to you why it is better than copper wire.
By the way, who was the manufacturer of snake oil? Giordano Bruno or those who burned him?
People still want to believe, what's let if they start doubting everything? ;) BTW, I do. Business is often synonymous with BS.

Not sure if Dan is being serious or not :beady:
But I did find an interesting Choice review of the Geoclense - they actually substantiated one of the claims!
Geoclense Home Harmonizer review - CHOICE
Yes, I'm perfectly serious in my findings of the Geoclense affecting the sound of my audio systems.
Perhaps the Choice reviewer should have tried this test instead of spending his time coming up with his little jokes.....moron.

Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.