Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my 75 Ironhead Sportster over to dual plugs with a Crane Hi-4 Single Fire ignition system.

I gained about 2% in gas mileage, but more importantly I can now run 87 octane without any chance of ping even in 103F weather in South Carolina. I also noticed a slight seat-of-the-pants increase in performance. I never put it on a Dyno to measure it.

I'm running stock PB+ cams with 10.5:1 Wisco forged pistons (0.020 over). I installed 1984 .045" thick head gaskets in place of the 1975 0.015" thick gaskets to drop the compression down to 9.5:1 to keep it more street reasonable.

Ironhead Sportsters (1957 -1984)run Hemi Heads with high dome pistons. The original design used a single spark plug offset on one side of the head. Dual plugging adds a second plug symmetrically on the opposite side of the valves.

Last edited:
Well my little piece of quantum walnut has been under the monitor all night, nothing nada looks the same as ever.
Did you read the instructions carefully? Close eyes, click heels together 3 times and shout “I believe in Bybees!”.

But seriously, make sure you trial your control wood to make sure it also has no discernible effect. We must be scientific about this.

Does it have an oil finish?

No it looks like one of those flooring samples they hand out, I think it's some kind of catalysed poly finish. There's some kind of sticky felt on the back hiding the innards, but if I peek the secret mojo is probably destroyed and the warranty becomes void.

It does come with one recommendation...

The more QSE's that are implemented in a given environment the more noticeable the results will be.
:rolleyes:

The sound of nothing

You need to get enough to significantly reduce the dimensions of the air left in the room, maybe cut the volume in half. Then it will definitely make a noticeable and even measurable difference.

I still have an old Quantum Resonance active box, given me by Signature Audio, when the owner was shutting down, and moving back to Taiwan.
I can'thear any difference with it plugged in, but the bright blue light looks pretty.

But horrifically, my system doesn't sound right, on hours long listening on the weekends, with it out. The owner told me does some sort of enhancing field , within a 24" radius.

IDKW, but I like it, so it goes back in, after trying the system without it for a few weeks, each year.

Hello darkness, my old friend, it's time to plug you in again, and hear the sounds - of silence.

I changed my 75 Ironhead Sportster over to dual plugs with a Crane Hi-4 Single Fire ignition system.

I gained about 2% in gas mileage, but more importantly I can now run 87 octane without any chance of ping even in 103F weather in South Carolina. I also noticed a slight seat-of-the-pants increase in performance. I never put it on a Dyno to measure it.

I'm running stock PB+ cams with 10.5:1 Wisco forged pistons (0.020 over). I installed 1984 .045" thick head gaskets in place of the 1975 0.015" thick gaskets to drop the compression down to 9.5:1 to keep it more street reasonable.

Ironhead Sportsters (1957 -1984)run Hemi Heads with high dome pistons. The original design used a single spark plug offset on one side of the head. Dual plugging adds a second plug symmetrically on the opposite side of the valves.

Twin plugs in a combustion chamber that shape / size is the correct way period.
That's a nice ignition system btw.

I've never twiddled a HD engine, looking at some drawings / pics there'd be some fun to be had. All my V twin experience is with 250cc two-strokes and they're all about pipe timing..... bwahahahahaha!

No it looks like one of those flooring samples they hand out, I think it's some kind of catalysed poly finish. There's some kind of sticky felt on the back hiding the innards, but if I peek the secret mojo is probably destroyed and the warranty becomes void.

It does come with one recommendation...
Quote:
The more QSE's that are implemented in a given environment the more noticeable the results will be.

:rolleyes:

No good for burning then :(

Can I be boring and remind thread dwellers that this site is called DIYaudio not DIYautos? Or should I try DIYbaking or DIYfishing for discussion on audio snake oil?

Please and thank you..... I can assure you, there's just as much snake oil and muppetry in what I gave up (mostly cos of a muppet and a CBR900R).

I can however inform you that I've found another field where 'quantum' has found an inroad AND it's signal cables - for Radio Controlled model aircraft!

Status
Not open for further replies.