Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i don't think he is a snake oil salesmen so i guess it was wrong to bring him up. Just a lot of placebo tweaking i guess.

But it sort of drives me nuts that a professional would recommend that your entire studio should float or you aren't getting optimal sound quality.

Flow job

I have these spring loaded footers under my tube components, on the off chance they'll isolate from vibrations, but mostly to help airflow through the chassis.
And I like the look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 187
Whereas I prefer mass for damping. And in many older English houses, they have removed the chimney stack so you have a solid concrete area about 5' x 2' decoupled from the rest of the floor. Don't know how much difference it made but I had my kit on this, on a solid rack (thick glass shelves), but it felt right so I did it (looked cool as well).

an open fire improves the listening experience

My fireplace is supercharged by 120mm fans on opposite sides.
To quote Alan Ford as Brick Top : goes through 2 pounds of uncooked flesh per minute.
Sounds like a jet fighter taking off in the max setting though.

imo, ones entire home should float, but that's a different story. I make do with a 2'' wooden floor on rubber layered beams, 8 inches of rockwool in floor/ceiling and all-side Hawaphon. (1000+ sqft of the latter may not be everyone's cup of tea)

Status
Not open for further replies.