Full range diy vs brand multi way speaker

Hello everyone. I was crazy about building some full range speakers with Markaudio drivers, after having seen their constructions on YouTube.
The idea is to use the CHR-120 or the CHN-110, in large boxes such as the St Helens for the latter (Fb 32hz, upward firing, 30.6 liters). Or the Classic 35 liters vented box for the CHR-120 (Fb 36 hz)
I would lean towards CHN-110 in St Helens as the driver is cheaper.
I currently have some B&W DM602 S1 amplified with Marantz PM6006.
How would the B&W DM602 compare to the CHN-110 built speaker in the St Helens box?
Greetings and thanks.

Attachments

• CHN110-St-Helens-top-firing-vented-box-1038x673.png
    CHN110-St-Helens-top-firing-vented-box-1038x673.png
    79.8 KB · Views: 71
Actually, apart from wanting to experiment, I would like to see if I can achieve a less exhausting sound than the B&W DM602.
These B&W are very detailed, analytical speakers, which you really like at the beginning of listening because of the richness of details, but after a while of listening they tire you out and you have to stop listening.
At least that's what happens to me.
I hope that with the full range you will achieve a pleasant listening experience.

Add a bit of EQ to tame the high kids of the B&W to make them listenable.

Nobody can tell you what the difference is between the DIY and the brand as we all listen with different ears and expectations.
It's something you will have to figure out for yourself.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You won’t be disappointed with the CHN-110. Really an outstanding driver.

It will sound different than the B&W. Likely more DDR. No XO and no whizzer makes for a seemless range. Has a much more controlled top than ome of the pricier ones. Needs a bigger box but you get lower because of that.

Joan (the Frugel-Horn) gets you the most bottom.

dave

planet10, my idea was to use the CHN-110, but Madisound is out of stock.
I lived in Uruguay and bought in the USA from where a courier company sent it to Uruguay.
I'll have to use the CHR-120.
What do you think of this driver in a 35-40 liter box?
Like these.
Which one do you think is better

Attachments

• chr-120-box2.jpg
    chr-120-box2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 48
  • chr-120-box3.jpg
    chr-120-box3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 44
  • chr-120-box (1).jpg
    chr-120-box (1).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 46