• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Various items

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Mission 737R "Renaissance" Speakers w Stands

Hello!
I have a pair of very sweet sounding Mission 737R "Renaissance" stand mount speakers. They are vintage and have been "loved" over the years. A few bumps and scratches. The rubber surrounds are a little dried up, but they still perform. I have not recapped them. However, they do have the OEM stands, which were an option from the dealer. If you are looking for a classic 2way ported speaker that's a departure from the Klipsch sound, these are a good buy. Light Oak finish.

Asking $150. Local to Boston preferred, but they are small and light enough that they could ship (2 boxes).

Teaser pic that I had on the phone. More pics to come if there's interest.

16082456415_b8d2e9c1e7_b.jpg

FS: Dahlquist DQ-8 Speakers

Hello again!

I would like to sell my Dahlquist DQ-8 speakers. They are a floor standing ported 2-way. The high end on these is beautiful and detailed; "Airy" as the audiophiles like to say. Bass is full and drops off around 40Hz, but has great punch. These speakers can handle all types of music. They are finished in black with black cloth. There are a few bumps and bruises. The grill cloth has 2-3 small bare spots. No real show stoppers unless you are a perfectionist. No rust on the rear "cage."

Asking $200. Local to Boston only, unless you want to bear any and all responsibility for shipping these....

More pictures to come. Here's a teaser.

15896631067_8e3c83f42e_b.jpg

FS: Rega Camber 3.5 Speakers w Stands, One Grill Missing

Last one today, I promise!

I am also selling a pair of Rega Camber 3.5 speakers with factory stands. For those who don't know, Rega Canada made these speakers in the late 80's using outsourced parts. The goal was "neutral sound," whatever that means. These are from 1987 and feature the Vifa poly dome tweeter, these are not the titanium tweeters used on later models, those had the suffix "Ti" after the name. These Regas are supposed to sound much smoother and warmer than the "Ti" version. The woofers are of Rega's own design made from components from other manufacturers, they did not use an OEM builder for woofers. Each woofer was designed for/with the enclosure. The enclosures were made in partnership with Camber. Later Camber bought the Rega speaker line and dropped the Rega name. Camber was later bought by the stand company Plateau. It's a Canadian thang.

The sound is very smooth. The 8" woofer does a great job with the low end. And the wide, front mounted port makes room placement a little simpler than the Pro22, with little wind noise. (Are you noticing a trend with me and 8" ported 2-ways....?)

These speakers have a couple issues:
1) There are some very light scratches in the dark oak veneer, they aren't deal killers, but they are there.
2) I am missing one of the grills. I have no idea where it went. (usually speakers are stored with the grills ON, ya know!?). The grill I do have is in great shape.

Because of these issues, $150 takes these speakers home. Oh, and they include the factory Rega stands. (I think retail on these was in the $800 range in the late 80s, without the stands.) Is shipping an option? I dunno. Local to Boston preferred.

15759615479_a7e556bb44_b.jpg

15759619259_e552b3ebe0_b.jpg

15759918257_87d840422c_b.jpg

FS: Nordost Quattro Fil RCA Interconnects, 3m pair

I have a pair of Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects with z/moonglo ends that retailed for $3600 when new. They sound great! My equipment is not worthy of interconnects this nice. The ends show signs of a little wear (some of the paint has come off and one of the rubber "rings" has fallen off. Obviously, this plays no part in the sound.

The last two 1m RCA pairs on eBay sold for $500 (with moonglos) and $650 (re-terminated by the seller).

So, I am asking $900 OBO for this "untainted" 3m pair.

The long length is great if you're running mono blocks and like to display them next to each speaker, or for going to powered towers from a preamp.

If you need pictures, I can post some.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.