• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Various items

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: Thiel CS1.2 with boxes, piano black, stunning

Reluctantly selling a set of near mint (9/10) gloss piano black lacquer Thiel CS1.2 speakers with the original boxes and packaging. Sequential pair. They sound incredible. The finish is pretty rare, especially on this model. The level of detail is unlike anything I have ever heard.

Some minor fading on the grill cloth, no holes, no issues.

$400 obo. They are heavy (about 45 lbs each without the boxes), but because I have the boxes, I could ship them without damage. Would prefer local to New England of course.

14825496831_355fca00c9_b.jpg

14641929358_bc5ae9410a_b.jpg

14641786270_390c75e36a_b.jpg

14828507025_9a74e19950_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those were one of my favorites back in the day. I ended up buying Spica TC-50s instead, another classic of the day. Still have 'em, and the drivers still look OK, but the last time I put them on (already 10 years ago I think) they lacked bass to an extent that I never noticed before. The imaging though is fantastic.

Good luck with the sale.

price is actually really good for ones with boxes and in piano black.

most $400 CS1.2s are the more common wood veneer and without boxes

Also, to the prospective buyers -- you can't get sound better than this unless you start spending well over $1000

Thanks for the supportive comments! I agree, finding this version, in this color, in this condition is a rare occurrence.

That said, my supervisor has instructed me that she wants to be able to park in the garage again. So, the stuff in the garage needs to go into storage, and the stuff in storage needs to go. Period. And the stuff in storage?....drumroll....speakers.

I have an incentive to move some things out, regardless of how good they are or how much I always wanted to have them. I am a little bummed!

Offers welcomed!!!!! Don't be shy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.