• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: MW16TX-8 1pair

In perfect condition, measured and played for a few months.
EU, PayPal, 300Euro/pair

Used in Shamal project, see the measurements....:
https://pkaudio.webnode.cz/shamal/

Attachments

• 20210429_175203.jpg
    20210429_175203.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20210429_175306.jpg
    20210429_175306.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Yes I did, here is the link:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/new-project-3way-22w-4851-mw16tx-8-t25b-in-wg.371620/

Shamal sounded almost perfect, unfortunately almost. Knowing sound and character of Scan Speak woofers I knew what to expect, and this was again the case where Scan Speak and SB/Satori are not a good match. I have to admit TX is better to my ears then P and actually it could make nice 2way with TX tweeter. But with scanspeak woofer it somehow makes lower midrange muddy, bass sounds very deep and slow. I spent ages measuring, making crossover adjustments etc. And I gave up, this was not the first time, but it was the last time I tried Satori and Scan Speak in one loudspeaker. Ellips-A, 21W 6600WG, ClassIllu, Illu3...they all had scanspeak woofers and sounded right, and I had the same expectations from Shamal. I decided to make adaptors and implement 15M Revelator, that is the plan for coming months.

Reactions: 1 users
Read the whole thread - very interesting, thanks for sharing your work!
I experienced something similar with ScanSpeak 8" of my main speakers vs. SB Acoustics 10" Woofer - the SB Acoustics where more "tight", ScanSpeak more "black" but not as precise. Both where EQed with DSP but totally different position in the room, so i don't overestimate these personal results.
But in the new version of the speaker 2 SB34NRXL75-8 will do the job as low driver up to 450Hz - looking forward to that ;-)

I'm also just working on a MW19TX and Bliesma T25B + Wavegudie combination. Hoping for some good midrange ;-)

First prototype is in process - final version will also be CNC routet. A lot of similar points in our projects!
It's always good to see that other people come to similar solutions for the same problem - can't be totally wrong ;-)

20230605_142001 (FHD).jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! :geek:
But I'm bussy with an other project at the moment, can't wait to do these measurements but it will take a while. I'm not a friend of hard steps anywhere on the baffle cause I sometimes need to design speakers for very high frequencies and there you see every little bump.
So that's my compromise to get them closer together.