• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Many Parts from Adcom 565

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

A close friend recently returned a pair of Adcom 565 amps I donated for his use a long time ago. Sadly the reason he returned them was not good, one had ceased functioning, continually blowing fuses, the other worked but generated prodigious amounts of heat. It seems both had fallen victim to the usual 565 problem of slowly dropping out of adjustment as caps failed and presumably vomited into the other components.

The dead one has been partially dismantled, and the heatsinks are now part of another project, but all the other parts are available if anyone has need for them.

The last time I took one of these apart there was a lot of interest in the transformer, slow start circuit, caps etc.

So at this point I have:

10 pairs of 2SD424 & 2SB554
2 x 22000uF/120v
Big toroid (2kva?)
Main audio circuit board
Soft start circuit board
Chassis parts

I'm listing values from memory, the amp is back in it's box, so I can't look at the caps etc to be sure.

Let me know if you want anything and we can come to an arrangement. I'd advise sending me an email, I won't necessarily be checking the board frequently.

Stuart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.