• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS. Elna Cerafines 10,000uF 80v Caps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am selling 4 used Elna Cerafines 10,000uF 80v Smoothers. They have been very lightly used as I moved over to Class A amps to drive my electrostats plus one of the channels never worked. (needed new fets etc)

They are attached to a PCB as shown, but without a soldering Iron I cannot take them off. At any rate you have the rectifiers and Tabs/lugs for the toriodals (which I have also - I think 450VA). It was an old 4r 300watt amp hitachi-design based mosfet PA amp.

Would rather just send out the board as shown. PS. You could if you want cut out the apropriate PCB section. ie keep rectifiers & smoothers and lugs and discard the rest then drill holes to chassis mount with stand-offs.

The rectifiers can be replaced with fast/soft recovery types also if desired. I can dig out a part number if any one is interested.

The caps were not cheap from what I remember and have high ripple current ratings also. And little use. The silicone sealant can be pealed away no problems. Best thing I would recoment is to use a PCB gullotine and keep the rectifier/caps/transformer lug section.

PS. Apologises for the poor picture quality - have not yet found my decent Canon camera. Am moving you see, so am clearing out lots of "audio junk". Damn I got boxes of the bloody stuff....lol

Attachments

• CRIM0021.JPG
    CRIM0021.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 571
  • CRIM0022.JPG
    CRIM0022.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 567
  • CRIM0023.JPG
    CRIM0023.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 543
  • CRIM0025.JPG
    CRIM0025.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 542
Some Polyprop Films also.

Some polyprops new and used. Most are new.

SA types are highest quality (the yellow ones) for use in loudspeaker crossovers. Think they are now black coloured. They use a 10um Film and have very low measured distortion as verified in Cyril Batemans EW&W articles on capacitor sounds.

Blue ones are Clarity caps.

High end audio capacitors from ClarityCap

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 521
Hello,

Cerafines 10,000uF 80v with PCB boards which has high current, high voltage rectifiers and lugs for the toriodals which I also have. They have had very little use and I have tested them to ensure they are working correctly.

Looking for 40 pounds for the lot including delivery - delivery to the EU isn't that expensive I have found. As I said to someone yesterday

"The Cerafines are 10,000uF 80v Caps. They are 50mm dia by 100mm in height. You can buy Omega-style Clamps for mounting the capacitors horizontally onto the chassis if you do not have the height in your case.

As you can see they have been mounting in place of the PCB ones. The silicon sealant can just be pulled off. I just added this to stabilise the caps on the PCB a little better.

Interesting you are building an audionote DAC5. I hear it's a superb DAC. I actually owned a audionote DAC 1.1 non oversampling unit but it's nowhere near the quality of a DAC5 of course. Also bought audionote schematics and bought Mullard GZ-37 valves etc but I wasn't experienced enough to deal with the voltages for there power amps at the time and the output transformers where very important in the design.

I suspect the Black Gate FK 10,000uF would of been better for this than the Cerafines. Not sure black gates are made anymore nor these either."

Will take paypal and deliver to continental europe also.

Anyone interested ?

I will take the cerafines but would like a better picture of them...please pm me

Lawrence

PS. I suspect the cost of delivery to the US is more than I am selling the parts for! Plus they would need to be really well packaged. Last time I sold something (some tubes) to the US delivery took 2-3 weeks airmail.

If the parts were several hundred bucks it might be worth doing but not over them sums.

Last edited:
PS. I suspect the cost of delivery to the US is more than I am selling the parts for! Plus they would need to be really well packaged. Last time I sold something (some tubes) to the US delivery took 2-3 weeks airmail.

If the parts were several hundred bucks it might be worth doing but not over them sums.
Hello my friend ...just through them in a flat rate box from the post office...should be no more then 12 bucks!

Lawrence

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.