• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: digital stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for sale in Cdn funds the following items:

item # 01: Selector switch and LDR -based attenuator $125

. Works with I2C commands, I've got it working with an Arduino library I've written. Integrates perfectly with DCB1. LDR's are tightly matched. Brand new and slightly used for testing. Isolated signal ground. This is a very transparent attenuator. 3 input 1 mute. Arduino can control input through rotary, pushbutton or remote.

item # 10: ODAC $90

nothing more to add except its slightly used.

item # 11: subu dac and psu $100

nothing else to say here except it sounds fantastic for the price. Wired for 115V primary. Does not include the filter.

item # 100: Wave IO $110

Nothing else to say here again except that it is brand new. It was connected for about 5 minutes just to see if it works.

Paypal fees and shipping not included.

Attachments

• fs-ldrselector.jpg
    fs-ldrselector.jpg
    976.1 KB · Views: 618
  • fs-odac.jpg
    fs-odac.jpg
    965.2 KB · Views: 553
  • fs-subu.jpg
    fs-subu.jpg
    993 KB · Views: 520
  • fs-wavwio.jpg
    fs-wavwio.jpg
    945 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
info on selector/attenuator:

tightly matched silonex ldr for shunt/series attenuation
omron relays for selctor and mute switching.
ds1803 I2C to control the current on ldr
pcf8547 I2C to control selector and mute

picture attached using salas bib for source current and arduino as controller board. Can easily control using pushbutton, rotary, remote or web when arduino is attached to usb port.

I also have extra boards for sale as well as parts for it. the boards can be wired for digital control as seen in these pics but also for analogue selector switch and pot.
board is $18 cad

contact by pm for details

Attachments

• fs-ldrselector-bib.jpg
    fs-ldrselector-bib.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 387
  • fs-ldrselector-arduino.jpg
    fs-ldrselector-arduino.jpg
    989.5 KB · Views: 140
  • fs-ldrselector-all.jpg
    fs-ldrselector-all.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 137
the LDR populated board is now sold.

I still have one LDR board left with complete parts. PM if interested

tem # 01: Selector switch and LDR -based attenuator $125 (sold)

still for sale:

item # 10: ODAC $80

item # 11: subu dac and psu $100 ($125 including buffer and rca jacks as in picture)

item # 100: Wave IO $110

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi I was almost tempted to buy the V2.6 as it has the JG buffer which I don't have tried ;-)

But ... C32 is soldered in reverse. This was an early mistake which has been corrected. If you solder in a new one with the + to GND you will have a much better DAC.

picture of ldr board

The ldr board can be populated for digital control or selector switch and volume pot control without the digital components.

all components are surface mount comonents except ldr's

powered using 5V
I use it successfully with salas BIB.

Attachments

• large-i.png
    large-i.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 86
the wave io board is now sold.
item # 100: Wave IO $110 (sold)

tem # 01: Selector switch and LDR -based attenuator $125 (sold)
note: still another ldr selctor PCB available for sale

still for sale:

item # 10: ODAC $80

item # 11: subu dac and psu $100 ($125 including buffer and rca jacks as in picture)
replaced C32 thanks J-P.

Last edited:
greetings.

sorry but the buffer is only included if you buy the subu dac.

@hajj: you need to suppy voltage to the buffer. There is already the psu to supply the voltage to the dac board. I tested using 2 x 9v batteries. I also tried using a salas shunt at +/- 15V. sounds great for the price. Not as good as my dual B3 but were talking 10x the price. However, it does not sound 10x better than the subu .

all prices are in Dominion of Canada Dollars.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.