• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: 2 FOCAL Audiom 15AX 15" efficient woofers

One pair. 15 years old. Used. And one is reconed by Kimon Belles of Focal 12 years ago.

Rims are a little beat but everything seems to work and sound fine.

95.5 dB/W/m
Nominal Imp: 8ohms
DC resistance 6ohms

$399 plus shipping. Paypal only. Thanks

Audiom15AXsmall.jpg

bothsidecopy.jpg

sideright.jpg

leftbottom.jpg

Last edited:
Jeepers that's a good price, and with that low Fs they'd make good large-cabinet sealed woofers (f3 of 50 or so). Tiny little Xmax but that's the price you pay.

Where are you located (shipping?), and is there anything you might be interested in, for barter? I can just see the wife's face if I told her I dropped $250 (shipping) on more
15"s "What, the JBLs, Eminence, and BD are all broken?"

I'm very strongly considering these.. I don't suppose you have any data on them? Even just Re measurements from a DMM would be a plus, I'm concerned about matching. Also a concern is what appears to be a possible suspension sag. Anything you can add would be a big help- I'm 80% in just need the extra 20% of certainty.

I'm very strongly considering these.. I don't suppose you have any data on them? Even just Re measurements from a DMM would be a plus, I'm concerned about matching. Also a concern is what appears to be a possible suspension sag. Anything you can add would be a big help- I'm 80% in just need the extra 20% of certainty.

The only data I have is in the sheet above.

If there is any suspension sag they are both exactly equal.
I doubt there is any sag at all.

Thanks

If Badman doesn't want them I'll take them. It's not that I need a pair of 15" subs. I remember drooling over these when they first came out, but I couldn't afford them.

It's like the middle-aged buy buying the classic corvette he always wanted as a teenager but couldn't afford.

$199 plus $40 ship via USPS US only.
PM me your email and I'll send an invoice from paypal.

Wrong woofers

Hi MakingMoney,

The woofers you shipped arrived in good condition. However, they are the Focal Audiom 15VXII, not the 15AX as you specified. The writing on the back is very faint and hard to read. You can also see a photo of the 15AX and the 15VX here: Focal-Lautsprecher HighEnd aus Frankreich
I'm not complaining. I think the VX is preferable to the AX. It has a "polyglass" (fiberglass?) cone, a little more X-max, and the recommended box volume is smaller for the same tuning. Focal never published the 15VXII, so I don't know how it is different from the 15VX.

Attachments

• Focal Audiom15VX.pdf
    143.4 KB · Views: 93
Hi MakingMoney,

The woofers you shipped arrived in good condition. However, they are the Focal Audiom 15VXII, not the 15AX as you specified. The writing on the back is very faint and hard to read. You can also see a photo of the 15AX and the 15VX here: Focal-Lautsprecher HighEnd aus Frankreich
I'm not complaining. I think the VX is preferable to the AX. It has a "polyglass" (fiberglass?) cone, a little more X-max, and the recommended box volume is smaller for the same tuning. Focal never published the 15VXII, so I don't know how it is different from the 15VX.

They are the 15AX. The 15AX has a "Straight profile coated paper cone, very compliant coated fabric surround" (upper left on the spec sheet on the first post) It's a pleated linen surround, not a rubber or foam surround as the 15 VX has.

The link you sent shows the 15AX with a black cone. I've never seen that version before, maybe it was available in Europe? It does show the 15AX with a pleated linen surround as the ones I sent you have.

I think both the AX and VX shared the same magnetic and cast frame structure to reduce costs. IIRC the differences were the linen surround and the cone material. I could be wrong about that. But it could explain the faint Focal Audiom 15VXII marking. I don't know.

I'm glad they arrived in good condition. Hope they work well for you.

They are the 15AX. The 15AX has a "Straight profile coated paper cone, very compliant coated fabric surround" (upper left on the spec sheet on the first post) It's a pleated linen surround, not a rubber or foam surround as the 15 VX has.

The link you sent shows the 15AX with a black cone. I've never seen that version before, maybe it was available in Europe? It does show the 15AX with a pleated linen surround as the ones I sent you have.

I think both the AX and VX shared the same magnetic and cast frame structure to reduce costs. IIRC the differences were the linen surround and the cone material. I could be wrong about that. But it could explain the faint Focal Audiom 15VXII marking. I don't know.

I'm glad they arrived in good condition. Hope they work well for you.

Which currently available bass transducer is made in this kind special made for large cabinets?
Thank you for advices there:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...iom-15ax-currently-available.html#post3773362

Last edited: