Frugel-Horn Mk3 Picture Gallery

pchw - I'm curious if I could convince you to post a couple more pictures to better show off the color. This looks very close to what I'd like to do with mine. Great work!

Thanks,
Guy
Sorry for the late response, Guy.
The work has been hectic in the last few days.
Here are a few more pictures, 2 of them taken under the day light (not very good), and 2 with flash. I hope they will give you an idea of the real color. I had the water stain mixed in Ace Hardware, the color name is Antique Red.

Cheers,

Attachments

• DSC07184.JPG
    DSC07184.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,565
  • DSC07185.JPG
    DSC07185.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,491
  • DSC07186.JPG
    DSC07186.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 2,385
  • DSC07187.JPG
    DSC07187.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,360
Sorry for the late response, Guy.
The work has been hectic in the last few days.
Here are a few more pictures, 2 of them taken under the day light (not very good), and 2 with flash. I hope they will give you an idea of the real color. I had the water stain mixed in Ace Hardware, the color name is Antique Red.

Cheers,

Thanks greatly, Fred. That does clear things up. Wonderful work! :)

I would like to build small speakers. Do you prefere Fostex BK12m or frugel horn mk2? What is the best speaker for Frugel horn mk2? I think of the FE126en Fostex in both cases.
your opinion please.

Please give me spec for building BIB speaker with Fostex FE126EN ....

Last edited:
I have a comment to make: is it better to have the binding posts down at the bottom of the speaker on the side? I don't know if there is an impact on the sound but I think you can hide the speaker cable better. I don't know much about speakers so I apologize if my comment offends somebody.

Alex

B&W's have little bit more LF, and are kind a softer. But again FH3's are in mach bigger room (Living room open to dining room and kitchen). But they excel in jazz and reproducing acoustic guitar. Everyone likes them, and no one believes they are $70 DIY speakers.

well, you mean cost of drivers alone - with decent wood, labour and finishing, they gotta "cost" at least 5-6 times that

B&W's have little bit more LF, and are kind a softer. But again FH3's are in mach bigger room (Living room open to dining room and kitchen). But they excel in jazz and reproducing acoustic guitar. Everyone likes them, and no one believes they are $70 DIY speakers.

That's interesting that the B&W's are softer than the FH3's. True testament to just how great of full range drivers those little CHR's are! Very very cool :D

Scott

I would really like to make another pair with Fostex FE126E drivers, and I already have them. But, having 3 stereo and 2 home theatre setups, house already overcrowded with speakers. Biggest problem to convince wife, that we need them.

how many pairs of shoes does she own - hell, my wife's latest pair of "runners" cost over $100 :D

of course individually, the shoes don't take up as much space, but cumulatively .....

all kidding aside, you can always gift to family or "garage sale" the surplus

I have a room downstairs that has become storage for speakers not currently being played - at last count 6 pairs in there