Free Parts Essay Contest

What about a new rule?

The person who would receive the box, fills another 10 boxes with random components from his audio closet, and send to 10 random members on the forum. Each one who would receive a box will do the same. The one who breaks the chain will have big misfortune, his amplifiers will smoke, his loudpeakers will rattle. In two weeks you get a stroke of good luck. Your amplifiers will sound more transparent, your loudspeakers will sound more realistic. :rolleyes:

How 'bout iambic pentameter?

Looking o'er my recent Mouser order,
- My packing list and invoice don't agree!
My phono stage lies still-born on the bench.
Normally a keen component hoarder,
But lo, there's not a blessed cap to see...
I think I'll call and raise a righteous stench! :D

Well the winner is:

Everyone who entered more than ten words!

Just PM me a shipping address and if there are any particular parts you want, type and value. Also note if you lean to preamp or power amp.

Derfy,

You're included, I can send you a few bits you don't realize you want but I am sure you will love them.

Cal,

Same for you.

Last edited:
Thank you Ed. I fear the room I used to have for extra goodies became occupied about 10 years ago, so while I am grateful for the offer, I feel what you are doing is more in line with what I should be doing. Besides, the last time you sent me something, it kind if spiralled out of control. I am now the proud owner of a hexacopter, the Yuneec Typhoon.

Derfy,

Your package is on the way. You should have it before Friday. Please be sure to review it here accurately and let me know how the bits do for you. Others seem to be unable to provide their addresses! Cal particularly wimped out. Be sure to mention if there are things in the package that would be W.A.F. or G.F.A.F. But don't let a G.F. see them prematurely!

Now if anyone else wants free parts and other interesting stuff, all they need to do is write a bit about what they need and why the deserve it.