Fourm no longer works with FireFox .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I contacted form support via e-mail but I got the consumer does not know what they are doing run around.

The problem is. the reply box in the forums are now either greyed out or occupied by an advertisement when using Firefox
So the forum is now unusable with Fire Fox which is arguably the most populate browser
I an now typing this in IE.

I have multiple computers with both FireFox and IE and the problem is exactly the same....and I am not blind or stupid.
SO WTF is going on?

This problem. just started a few days ago with the new ads.

Attachments

• fourm reply.jpg
    fourm reply.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 338
  • greyed out.jpg
    greyed out.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I am posting this reply using Firefox, and I see no problem. Then again
I always update Firefox when Linux Mint has an update for me.

Update your versions of Firefox, might be the way to go.

Cheers / Chris

NO, I'm running the latest vers

I have the same problem. I just use IE from now on.

At least It proves that it is indeed a problem !

Last edited:
I contacted form support via e-mail but I got the consumer does not know what they are doing run around.

The problem is. the reply box in the forums are now either greyed out or occupied by an advertisement when using Firefox
So the forum is now unusable with Fire Fox which is arguably the most populate browser
I an now typing this in IE.

I have multiple computers with both FireFox and IE and the problem is exactly the same....and I am not blind or stupid.
SO WTF is going on?

This problem. just started a few days ago with the new ads.

I use Firefox on Windows 8.1 and I have never experienced the problems you are describing (and showing). It seems to me that the source of the problem is on your end.

Try a deep scan for spamware...

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We received an email from Joe via the Helpdesk, and Helpdesk asked me to reply. I will paraphrase what I wrote here - as I was not aware of this thread at the time I wrote it and certainly it's all valid information to publish if there is more than one person having this problem.

=====

Hi Joseph,

I'm sorry for the reply that my wonderous helpdesk angel sent you earlier - she gave you a very generic response to what she perceived to be a general "person is having a problem nobody else is having" question from you. I'm very sorry for her answer - please understand that while she might be a customer service marvel, she isn't very technical. I will take the time to explain to her what to do if this kind of question is ever sent to the helpdesk again.

[...snip..]

Here are my thoughts and suggestions:

• You are the only person who has (so far) reported this problem. Until we hear from someone else that is having the same issue (and believe me, our "forum problems" area would be flooded with them by now), we should work towards working out what is wrong with your system
  • First things that come to mind - your browser(s), your computer, your router, or your ISP has been hacked.
  • To diagnose, remove each part:
  • To test your browser is not hacked - try another browser (you have done this)
  • To test your computer is not hacked - try another computer
  • To test your modem/router is not hacked (increasingly common) - try your neighbors wifi connection or tether to your phone or visit the local library
  • To test your ISP has been hacked or is inserting ads - try another ISP

So, applies to anyone experiencing this. We need to work out, and quickly, who it affects and under what conditions.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
FYI: I have now checked Firefox 44.0 on OSX El Capitan (10.11.1), logging in with various test users belonging to a number of membership groups, and cannot reproduce this problem. Looking forward to the results of your testing Joe and Carlsor.

At this stage I suspect you are both infected with some kind of Malware. If that was the case, it would be odd you only had problems at diyAudio.

Can you try the post box of other vBulletin 3 forums (eg: AudioKarma (Oops! No they've moved to XenForo now! We'll be there soon...)...)

Ahm.. who's left these days... Try these: SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin / Fan Forum - TV, TV Shows, Music, Movies, Celebrities, & Other Entertainment Forums / http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/

BTW, I a running multiple computers with XP. Vista and Windows 7
My Win 7 computer is my main sys and the others are just just used occasionally.

I have IE and FireFox installed on all .

The forum works fine on all computers with IE but not Fire Fox.
The form even works fine with XP and a outdated version of IE.

I am also running Bitdefender AV and Malewarebytes for malware.
So, my computers can not get any 'cleaner"

BTW, I installed "Ad Blocker"for FireFox on this sys (for trouble shooting) and even Ad Blocker is treating the message box as an ad

Attachments

• adblockmsg.jpg
    adblockmsg.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
OK, multiple PC's that are all different, and yet all exhibit the same issue is odd.

You have to look for common factors such as your internet connection (I'm assuming all your PC's are on the same connection). I've no idea how or if that could cause some problem like this but you have to eliminate it as a possibility by trying another separate internet connection.

Are the PC's networked together in any way such that malware or anything could infect them all... unlikely I know.

I would also pick one PC and do a FULL clean up of all FF temp files (a full browser cleanup) and also run a full Windows disk clean to delete any temp files there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.