Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon Replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've done another with corrugated foil and contacts finely sanded then coated finely with silicone lubricant. This time the foil is marginally narrower than my earlier wide one but still quite a bit wider than stock. The resulting impedance sweep is now lower than before but still higher than stock. See attached graph.

I'd like to understand the relationship between the impedance of the foil to the impedance seen by the source on the input side of the transformer, as what must be minuscule differences on the foil side seem to translate into much larger ones on the other. Any thoughts there?

Tim

Attachments

• Ribbon impedance 24_12_18.PNG
    Ribbon impedance 24_12_18.PNG
    57.1 KB · Views: 175
sorry was thinking of Titanium
anyway Be is a bit lighter than Al, however its resistance is about 40% higher per volume so its a wash in the sensitivity department
Be is about 4-5 times stiffer than AL which could help raise the resonance a bit in corrugated structures. Maybe some advantage here. maybe
and crack resistance could be some advantage in really high power application

That said I see no advantage worth getting excited about

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.