fountek fullrange speaker!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The fountek fullrange on the web:
http://www.fountek.net/products_fr_88ex.htm
I got 2 samples.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Interesting for the Specifications:
Voice Coil Diameter 25mm
Voice Coil Height 4.0mm
Voice Coil Former aluminum
Voice Coil Wire Copper ribbon
Number of Layers 1
Magnet system type Neodymium
Magnetic Gap Height 10mm
B Flux Density 0.88T
Bl Product 3.313Tm
Max Linear Excursion 3mm +/-

It's a underhung voice coil motor design!

More detail comming on.......

I install it to the IEC baffle,and mearsure it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The fig shows step response and FR,and use MLSSA to get the CSD:

The CSD is a "stereophile like" style, use the blackman-harris window and 0.15ms risetime.
The driver install to a bassflex box,like it:

Now, run in......

At about 35 bucks (according to a russian Fountek site)...this seems like a good deal. The drop in the 7K region should make it nice and relaxed.

The inefficiency could be seen as a benefit in use on an OB. I think this plus an augie (3db more efficient) on OB would make a nice speaker ala martins OB.

Sean

Perhaps you get the old version FR88?

Is the color of the cone black?And the color of the cap black too?
If it's,I think you get the old version of FR88.
But now, the final version of FR88 EX is use aluminium cone and cap.The same material of these two part offer difference sound.
Especially in highs,more nature,more composure and more detail of full range.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.