fosgate t40001bd bad p/s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Monitor the temperature of the resistors so that they don't get too hot. Use a tie-wrap to hold them together. If the tie-wrap begins to melt, you know there's a problem. Also, this is only to be used until you determine if the output section is working properly (producing clean audio, not drawing excess current...). You won't be able to drive a speaker load with these in the circuit.

sorry it took so long. when i got home from radio shack last week i saw one package of resistors was missing out of my bag. now i got them. the 4-ohm 40 watt resistors are not even getting warm. here is a pic of the out put (60hz wave). notice how it is a little shakey on one side. is that okay? i have not put a load on the amp yet.

Attachments

• t4000bd outpout wave 60hz.jpg
    t4000bd outpout wave 60hz.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 153
Without a load, it's difficult to say if it's normal. Sometimes the output filter can cause distortion like this when it's not loaded. Try it with a light load (4 or 8 ohms) and drive it to a point where it starts to make the resistors heat up. If it's clean, remove the resistors and try it direct.

When you remove power, remember that the caps will remain charged. Discharge them before touching the red and blue wires.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.