• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

ok, so its $700 - $900 base just in parts, wow..
that thing should really perform like a (very) hi-end amp, right?.
any comparisons? (I think I saw it being compared to Hegel 360, or maybe I mess up things..)

It does. IIRC I compared it to the Hegel H360, Liberty B2B-100, Schiit Aegir, and Digital Amplifier Cherry Maraschino monos in my post. These are all amps I've either owned or borrowed to test in my system over the past year. At this point I would take the 7293 over all of them. They are only responsible for 200hz and up in my system though. My speakers are the GR Research Super 7s which have open baffle subs for 200 hz on down so I really don't have any idea how any of the amps I listed perform from 200 hz on down.

I don't think Jeremy has anymore 7297 boards left. I bought the 7293 after reading the 7297 thread here and on the GR Research circle at audiocircle.

Is there any recomendations in the BOM for the parts upgrades with their relation to the sound?

I thought of spending a bit more than 300 :blush: on parts, but I bet it would be hard (not really possible) for me to figure out what contributes most to the sound quality..
Those diminishing returns considerations again :rolleyes:

Yeah... I might have gone a little low... Got the heatsinks for free, had wires and a power chord, some Neutrik connectors. Paid about 15€ for the chassis. And power supply is a smps.

I was also considering building 7297 from my old 5.1 amp's wreckage, it got a nice heatsink and a back panel pretty suitable for the build.

SMPS - doesn't it really ruins the sound much?..
I was looking at this one: WX-DC2416 - will it fit?

Last edited:
Has anyone yet incorporated the soft-start or speaker protection boards form the DiyAudio Store?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200622-223015_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200622-223015_Samsung Internet.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 286