Folded Horn Acoustic Guitar Patent # 10,777,172

T - you play left handed?

Yes. A sample of the herd below - some have gone and others have arrived since that picture...

SFJEJb-guitar-gallery-24-04-2020.jpg

T

Joined 2021
Paid Member
T - I love your collection, I am a really big Gretsch fan, big beautiful bodies. I have never played one, but every time I hear somebody else play one, great sound! Plus I love the Gibson ES-335 TD. The big old Gibson hollow body electrics have always inspired me, except the feedback problems of course. Stay with us and thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Wowie Zowie! My son plays left - I've scored him 4 over the last couple years. But no more - doesnt have room. Here's wishing FHAG has enough interest that an LH model gets created too.

Thanks @jjasniew ! I am also selling some of my instrument because I lack of room too, and do not play now as extensively in a band like in the past... But what do you mean by FHAG ? :unsure:

T - I love your collection, I am a really big Gretsch fan, big beautiful bodies. I have never played one, but every time I hear somebody else play one, great sound! Plus I love the Gibson ES-335 TD. The big old Gibson hollow body electrics have always inspired me, except the feedback problems of course. Stay with us and thanks!

Thanks @Joe K ! You could have a look to the Gretsch of the Streamliner and Electromatic series : these are affordable, and pure Gretsch instruments, unlike Gibson and Epiphone, Fender and Squier, ESP and Ltd, etc... A GRETSCH is a GRETSCH, with That Great Gretsch Sound and Look !

T

Folded Horn Acoustic Guitar, by Joe K.

Ah, yes ! My apologies... :rolleyes:
Now that I read the debut ot that thread, I understand that Joe K is the inventor of that folded horn acoustic guitar ! :cool:;)

@Joe K : how does your FHAG compare in terms of acoustic loudness vs. an Archtop or a Flat-top - I mean : without the help of any microphone ?

T

Last edited:
Joined 2021
Paid Member
T - about the same for lows and mids, then brighter on the highs, by about 5-10 db. Then with drivers/horns turned about, a 25 dB increase everywhere, which is four times the power. And the tone is not ruined, it is better, a sonic machine. Something I think a Gretsch fan would like...hey maybe I should try selling this intellectual property to Gretsch!

1711468570432.png

...hey maybe I should try selling this intellectual property to Gretsch!
Probably more like Enya. https://www.enya-music.com/pages/about-enya-music They already have guitars with 50W amplifiers in them, but they're basically a speaker in a cabinet attached to, or built into, a solid guitar. They do/did make acoustic instruments as well...

Unfortunately they are headquartered in Shenzen, China. Unsure how your IP would be respected in their world wide product distribution.

They would probably cast the whole thing out of a mold in carbon fiber and I'd bet their integration of electronics, battery, the horn speaker system, top, pickups, neck, body would be excellent. They're at NAMM of course, hawking their wares.

Another example of in Audio and Music making, products made in China are at the leading edge of quality over cost. Their "Enya 2024 Nova Go Sonic Carbon Fiber Smart Electric Guitar" is no slouch in that regard for your $350. I can imagine your guitar in the same "form" of construction quality and material being a real hit.

I think it was Bob Moog who said RS marketed a "Moog" branded keyboard synthesizer - and he never saw a dime of it. Can you imagine your name printed right on the chassis and "oh, sorry - we take all". Be careful out there, in that jungle.

The most regarded of all
Well, that's a new one in all of life! First time ever seeing it!

You know, I'm surprised Bose never made such an instrument. They're such a merchant of all things audio; one would think if they could do sound reinforcement, it's not that far of a step into an integrated instrument that makes sound via internal amps and speakers. Prototype it like the Bose radios, send the design to their current China manufacturers for bid - and sell through the same dealer network as their portable $600 street boxes.

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Yes I have seen those guitars, I wonder how good they sound? People having been dropping speakers into electric guitars for decades, see one of the latest below, looks pretty cool, posted this before.

The difference is mine is an acoustic guitar.

JJ you mention Bose, I always wondered if they would be interested in this. After all, their Waveguide radio was an inspiration in part, although Klipsch high end speakers were more of a inspiration for me, much higher quality.

1711485886154.png

Sounds good to me. Strange, I'm hearing that low frequency again, when listening through old Sennheiser closed back 'phones. I can hear it in the short space right before he begins to play, also in the 7 - 12 second area. Wonder what it is?

Thanks for supporting me in my other thread!

Joined 2021
Paid Member
The attached file shows a few screen dumps from my new website, not published yet, but close. I have some videos to add and there is more content, thought it would be cool to give a sneak peak to the guys that helped me so much!

Attachments

• Website Preliminary For diyAudio.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
Joined 2021
Paid Member
I have loads of good sound and video from two studio sessions, but still editing. I am being a bit picky about this, I want it just right.

The end goal now it so have one approx. ten minute video for YouTube, this will have it all.

Then break that same video down to a series of short videos for my website, and also do TikTok, Facebook, Instagram...for quick looks.

I was thinking about the old Blues Bars in Chicago the other day. I was in Kingston Mines a few years ago, much bigger place now, still love it.

Also Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago is pretty big for a Blues Bar, also a great place with many great musicians.

My old favorite was B.L.U.E.S. in Chicago. That bar was long and thin, bar on the right, tables on the left, band in back, cans behind the band, that was it!

The sound was great, I wonder if the shape of the bar just sent the music rolling down the long length, great acoustics! Not designed that way, but it worked.

Son Seals would step up on that small stage with his electric Guild and just rock with his band. I usually sat about ten feet away from his guitar!

Also RIP Dickey Betts, man did I love his playing. I had a smoke with him once outside the bar he was playing back in the day, what a great guy!