Flags are back / new member information section

Account Closed
Joined 2010
I learned from some very bitter experience that you're a wise man if you don't write a single thing there. It will be used against you one day.
Not only that I'd shut it down, I'd delete all posts ever written there and evaluate the number of posts of one member after it ;)

And armwrestling?
And possibly some bellyache just for the sake of it...

1675166615782.png

You are right, I most likely care about a large percentage of people using this forum in varying degrees.

Delete everything I wrote there and I'll still be left with more than 95% of my activity in the technical forums.
But those 5% of good moments is what some people live for. If life is 5% joy and happiness it would lead to a miserable life if you took that away.
A bit of off topic never hurt anyone?
I learned from some very bitter experience that you're a wise man if you don't write a single thing there.
Noted. ;)

Account Closed
Joined 2010
Two years ago I needed some help on highvoltage.net forum that happens to have the previous interface we had.I got there, got all the help I needed and even more in just one thread of three pages.The people's affluence there is so scarce that my thread is still found on the first page of the forum's section i accesedThey probably don't make much money out of the forum's traffic, but they clearly know who's who.I have a few threads started here where I got no answer to my questions, instead in some I got jokes and contempt by some highly rated members of this forum , members I used to value myself, although I asked very specific questions in the technical threads. It seems that some need a lot more than 5% relaxation in the Lounge section to become respectfull functional members of the Forum as a whole...In my opinion raising anyone to God's status only makes him more agressive, confident with ignoring common sense and generally a very annoying person.
If no section is more important than other, if all post count, then no member status should be given to anyone in my opinion.
You should earn your status continuously as a lion until you die.

Reactions: 1 user
So I guess the result of this somewhat limited debate would be that there is no need for any differentiation between members.

Edit:
@Jason I noticed that the text you could write under the nickname after donating is not an option anymore. Is it hard to bring it back? If that is too much work, would it be possible to let donations reflect the membership name?
I really miss being a Fanatic, it's like something crucial is missing.

If you can fix that somehow I will neglect mentioning the omission of the tagline we had in the previous logo
diyAudio: by Fanatics, for Fanatics.

Last edited:
Account Closed
Joined 2010
@Pano I only digressed due to this post which is about what what other relevant information should be added about a member and how it's possibly deemed to be relevant , which in my opinion is really difficult even for an AI based system if it's still the humans that devise the general rules for an AI to follow and that's what I argued about by giving Chess.com and PlayMagnus as an example where the misuse of technology failed so bad that now they face a huge lawsuit with Hans Niemann in a US Federal Court of Justice...You can check that information for yourself and you'll see it is all about how not to use technology against people .
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...mber-information-section.395141/#post-7252314

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Re: hovering
Can this functionality be added to mobile version with a tap on the flag?
That's a good idea. And I'll be adding the country into the location in the very near future.
I noticed that the text you could write under the nickname after donating is not an option anymore.
That... would be a bug. Nicely spotted. Will be fixed ASAP.

EDIT: KaffiMann I see your user title field is empty, which is why it is showing the default title. You can add a custom title (like Fanatic) on this page: https://www.diyaudio.com/community/account/account-details

1675233040534.png

the omission of the tagline we had in the previous logo
The omission bothers me as much as you... one more thing to fix :)

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Flags have been updated a little.

• If a member has not entered anything into their location/city/town field, hovering over the flag will show the country name.
  • If they have entered something, the country name will now be appended, prefixed by a comma, to the location. Some members already have typed the country name in various forms or abbreviations thereof - those members will need to edit their location field to remove the country mention so there isn't a double up.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 users