Fixed gain field recorder?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here is a field recording in a sunken down square in central Stockholm. Concrete as far as the eyes can reach :)

Solo trumpet, mics 4 meter away low - I didn't rig the stand as this was made in a whim. I asked or permission to record. The man playing also held a speech / prayer - the level is adjusted as the trumpet was much stronger than the voice. Amazing what energy a single trumpet really has... I reflected while recording that the trumpet sounded quite small and thin.... he also gathered a lot of saliva which he had to pour out once in a while (hence some gargling/crackle.-.) - I edited these intermissions out ;)

//

Attachments

• TMs.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: 1 user

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
No change. But as I was thinking about the answer and became a bit unsure it dawned on me that I need to develop a version handling and file naming system to keep track which conversion process version a certain "release" was made form. I'm quite sure I'm not at the final variant so it will be needed.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yet and excerpt from the latest organ recording session (No.9). It is the same HW as the last one. Mic positions quite radically changed. Mostly interested to hear a judgement about stage / height for this one but all impressions are valuable thanks!

//

Attachments

• AF9x.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 5