• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Firstwatt F3 clone PCB

F3 PCB mounting holes -Universal vs previous F2j pattern

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I have collected the interest expressed in the thread. Mostly from March, so people might like to confirm if they are still interested.
As far as I can see there are basis for at lest 20 sets.

the spreadsheet can be found here: here

Is this an arrangement for EU delivery only?...I’ve expressed interest in Kinku’s F3 board proposal since the subject came up...I do have other projects, but would still like boards to try the F3 eventually considering papa gave us the Lovoltech jfets for free. I tried to access sign up spreadsheet, but google says no.

Is this an arrangement for EU delivery only?...I’ve expressed interest in Kinku’s F3 board proposal since the subject came up...I do have other projects, but would still like boards to try the F3 eventually considering papa gave us the Lovoltech jfets for free. I tried to access sign up spreadsheet, but google says no.

As Kinku has decided not to provide a layout, the F3 PCB will be based on the layout JP has done, if approved by people.

Please try update the sheet again. Thanks.

Will see how it turn out, but first will wait for the first draft of design to be available. Seems like people who design complex boards takes more time on simple ones��.
I just saw the left channel and it look good.
I am thinking to go with mounting holes on the locations that I used on F2j. In between someone asked for Universal mounting pattern. I will start a poll to see which way to go. It will be open for 7 days.

Last edited:
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Nice to see things rolling again Kinku. I’m getting ready to get back into my F2J build as I finally finished sorting through my tonearm build and got everything working for my MC carts. I’ve been in for two sets of the F3 and PS boards since you mentioned the possibility.

@Carsten...nice avatar, I miss my ‘75 2002 horribly now for years...my first true love

I don’t think I gave an estimate on how much it costs to make. Main cost is the fee for designing. I can’t make any promises but it will be close to 50$ per person without shipping to make it viable. I will soon have a layout.
I am trying to fit this in 4U chassis from diyaudio store. Anything above is too much and below might be too little for heat dissipation and components lay out.