• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Hi LC,

I've been trying to source some thin film or metal film SMD for 0.5W 1206 1% but cannot find anything at all for 47R @ Digikey, Mouser, Allied, Newark (for Canada/USA)... Only find thick film resistors but I've been told many times not to use them in audio due to higher parasitic inductance and capacitance and also noise...

Could you please give me some MFG part numbers that I could lookup?
47R -->

Thanks
Do

Hi all,
This is my FO.Box not finished yet.Single Connex SMPS2000R.
Sounds amazing.

Attachments

• DSCN2098.jpg
    DSCN2098.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 622
  • DSCN2099.jpg
    DSCN2099.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 607
  • DSCN2100.jpg
    DSCN2100.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 566
First One v1.2 to 1.3 modification

My reference quality FO. It can be used with or without the inductor on the speaker output.

The ground is in the preamp.

On the floor under the right channel you can see the burn marks of tantalum caps when they caught fire and fell on the chipboard.

Do I qualify?

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    393 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    368.5 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 275
Hi :wave2:

Of course you are qualified to v1.3 upgrade. :up:

So many qualifications shows that the First One is a true DIY survivor amplifier. :D

L.C. :cheers:

Survivor it is. After watching it burn I was shure it had died.

One wire was broken and replaced by point to point soldering. Resoldering back the nichicon fg's it worked again.

But it was a good experience to see how sensitive are tantalum caps.

Hose4
To mi diši po CC izdelku.

You really should do some nice case for FO amp. It deserve it.
I can not congratulate your work.
But after all if you are satisfied, then it is ok.
Good luck ... that no cat is jumping into your amp when it is playing around the room.
Tantal are wery sensitive to opposite supply voltage...it explode and burns some material arround it.

Hose4
To mi diši po CC izdelku.

You really should do some nice case for FO amp. It deserve it.
I can not congratulate your work.
But after all if you are satisfied, then it is ok.
Good luck ... that no cat is jumping into your amp when it is playing around the room.
Tantal are wery sensitive to opposite supply voltage...it explode and burns some material arround it.

Dear Androa76!

You are right. I had a nice VSSA CC version in original LC case. I was sold and it is now in use by a CC coleague.

Even my First One amp uses CC cable principle as much as posible, therefore eliminating the output coil.

I have to admin that the cases so far were not to my liking. The latest one with black plexy on the front buffle is very nice.

Since I still have to do the tests with regulated power supply vs SMPS, as I am not sure what I will use. Until this is finished I cannot order a case.

Hi LC,

I've been trying to source some thin film or metal film SMD for 0.5W 1206 1% but cannot find anything at all for 47R @ Digikey, Mouser, Allied, Newark (for Canada/USA)... Only find thick film resistors but I've been told many times not to use them in audio due to higher parasitic inductance and capacitance and also noise...

Could you please give me some MFG part numbers that I could lookup?
47R -->

Thanks
Do

This question got through the cracks i guess... :D

Do