• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Originally Posted by back View Post
update group buy.

luca 4
danny_66 2
woofertester 4
rainerco 2
pinnocchio 4
jokari69 2
mksung 2
ZZoran 2
Edgar 2
Eric06 2
kimon 2
maxidcx 2
edbk 2 (full kit)
bobo le chat 2
metallicus69 2
scoutOne 4
quan 2
Greg Stewart 2
colesey full kit
analogsa 4
Theodosis O. 4
chunek 2
CaféNoir 2 (full kit) + 2 additional modules
Nikitas 2 (full kit)
meanman1964 2
jeremysk 2
Dane 2
mikvous 2
PreSapian 2
coolewater 2
edionysus 2 (full kit)
jaggel 2 (full kit)
fredlock 2
HiroPro 2 (full kit)
Turbon 2 (full kit)
r8833 2
androa76 2 (full kit)
JethroTull 2
stonehome 2 (full kit)
commstech 2
we417 2
hcbonfim 2
stormsonic 2 (full kit)
fishball79 4
Catal 4
Overkill Audio 1 full stereo kit with PS and case plus 5 mono boards
touchdown 2
Sebbyp - 4 - with full kit chassis & PSU
a333bt 2
flyboi 4
rellum 2
huibert34 2 kits (1 stereo full kit with PSU and chassis)
tjencks 2
back 4
gusto142 1 kit (2 PCB's + C1 chassis + Connex SMPS2000R)

Update group buy.

luca 4
danny_66 2
woofertester 4
rainerco 2
pinnocchio 4
jokari69 2
mksung 2
ZZoran 2
Edgar 2
Eric06 2
kimon 2
maxidcx 2
edbk 2 (full kit)
bobo le chat 2
metallicus69 2
scoutOne 4
quan 2
Greg Stewart 2
colesey full kit
analogsa 4
Theodosis O. 4
chunek 2
Nikitas 2 (full kit)
meanman1964 2
jeremysk 2
Dane 2
mikvous 2
PreSapian 2
coolewater 2
edionysus 2 (full kit)
jaggel 2 (full kit)
fredlock 2
HiroPro 2 (full kit)
Turbon 2 (full kit)
r8833 2
androa76 2 (full kit)
JethroTull 2
stonehome 2 (full kit)
commstech 2
we417 2
hcbonfim 2
stormsonic 2 (full kit)
fishball79 4
Catal 2
touchdown 2
a333bt 2
flyboi 4
rellum 2
tjencks 2
back 4

Andrej, how far the distance between a FO and the other. You have 210mm? (Included in min. 5mm each, free air)
I ask for something else.

The gap between FO and DPS is 4 mm at the moment, but there's plenty reserve distance in between SMPS-s, so for the GB chassis few mechanical adjustments have to be done, I see no problem with optimization. Still enough space for wiring as you'll see in forthcoming pics. Since this is a demo amp it will serve the purpose just perfectly. Your modules feels fine and looks very nice in the chassis, I'm impressed. Today I didn't finished the wiring so tomorrow will be the D day for listening session. :cheers:

I'm in!!!

uca 4
danny_66 2
woofertester 4
rainerco 2
pinnocchio 4
jokari69 2
mksung 2
ZZoran 2
Edgar 2
Eric06 2
kimon 2
maxidcx 2
edbk 2 (full kit)
bobo le chat 2
metallicus69 2
scoutOne 4
quan 2
Greg Stewart 2
colesey full kit
analogsa 4
Theodosis O. 4
chunek 2
Nikitas 2 (full kit)
meanman1964 2
jeremysk 2
Dane 2
mikvous 2
PreSapian 2
coolewater 2
edionysus 2 (full kit)
jaggel 2 (full kit)
fredlock 2
HiroPro 2 (full kit)
Turbon 2 (full kit)
r8833 2
androa76 2 (full kit)
JethroTull 2
stonehome 2 (full kit)
commstech 2
we417 2
hcbonfim 2
stormsonic 2 (full kit)
fishball79 4
Catal 2
touchdown 2
a333bt 2
flyboi 4
rellum 2
tjencks 2
back 4
julcat 1 kit (1 stereo full kit with PSU and chassis)

Upgraded to full kit.Thanks
uca 4
danny_66 2
woofertester 4
rainerco 2
pinnocchio 4
jokari69 2
mksung 2
ZZoran 2
Edgar 2
Eric06 2
kimon 2
maxidcx 2
edbk 2 (full kit)
bobo le chat 2
metallicus69 2
scoutOne 4
quan 2
Greg Stewart 2
colesey full kit
analogsa 4
Theodosis O. 4
chunek 2
Nikitas 2 (full kit)
meanman1964 2
jeremysk 2
Dane 2
mikvous 2 (full kit)
PreSapian 2
coolewater 2
edionysus 2 (full kit)
jaggel 2 (full kit)
fredlock 2
HiroPro 2 (full kit)
Turbon 2 (full kit)
r8833 2
androa76 2 (full kit)
JethroTull 2
stonehome 2 (full kit)
commstech 2
we417 2
hcbonfim 2
stormsonic 2 (full kit)
fishball79 4
Catal 2
touchdown 2
a333bt 2
flyboi 4
rellum 2
tjencks 2
back 4
julcat 1 kit (1 stereo full kit with PSU and chassis)

And this is how finished demo First One looks, running for a few hours on complet channel bias 280 mA.

Mosfets in SMPS are at 42°C, main transformers at 48°C and the main heatsinks at 43°C.

L ch output DC offset -0,6 mV and R ch DC offset -0,2 mV, of course without any DC servo.

Now to listening session. :xfingers:

Attachments

• FO10.jpg
    FO10.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 955
  • FO7.jpg
    FO7.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 851
  • FO9.jpg
    FO9.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 831
  • FO8.jpg
    FO8.jpg
    469.6 KB · Views: 815
Hi Guys :wave2:

After two days of listening to demo First One in my system I can surely tell the regulated output SMPS with premium grade electrolytic (Rubycon/Nichicon) is the way to go. DPS-500 showed really nice musical performance, with only minor flaw - an over temperature shutdown issue, for which Roberto will try to find the solution in a reasonable time.

Tomorrow I'll reconnect Connex SMPS2000R and perform listening test again, as I would really like to determine the best possible SMPS product for GB members.

Also tomorrow the variety of offers will be started to send out to yours PM.

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

I can surely tell the regulated output SMPS with premium grade electrolytic (Rubycon/Nichicon) is the way to go.
Thanks a lot for this conclusion witch, all alone, justify this comparison effort.
And i think we can expand this conclusion to linear PSUs as well. And it is interesting on an economical point of view as well, because non regulated PSUs need, for best results, over sized trafos and caps.
This seems logical on an intellectual point of view, as an old proverb says an amplifier will never be better than its power supply ;-)

I'm happy too to see that the two competitors having done efforts to provide samples received your approval about the quality of their product. May-be the occasion to get more respect and sympathy to each others.

I would be very interested to read quality/price comments about the two solutions.

Last edited:
Goodmorning to all,
First of all, I want to thank LC for the availability and the time devoted to measures of the DPS-500-DA.
Well, the series ... even I can make mistakes :eek:

Independent of temp protection, in these 2 recent weeks, I have focused on the heat generated by the transformer, creating an optimized version (not sent to LC), I gained 8 ° C. but... even pushing high power for 4 hours, with no problems on thermal protection, I can not approve this version at 61V, becouse, we do not have a good margin, in case anyone has a temperature ambient greater than 30 ° C, and push to high-power output.
In fact, the official versions of the DPS-500-DA, are offered in the range of 44-52v, with no problem in this two years.
----
What can I say ... Just to exclusive correctness, I can offer the DPS-500 / S and for sure, the new version of DPS-400-S1, this last, approved Also from high-end company, in measures, audio performance and reliability, as the top.
Please, take these words of mine, solely as a chance opportunity, no other.

Best regards.

Roberto

Last edited:
Roberto

there is 2200uF/63V Nichicon FW cap on output. Using 63V 85° rated part @ 61V with elevated temperature (inside power amp) is just asking for trouble. 63V rated part is barely enough for 50V, considering 20% margin. With higher temperature there should be wider margin.
It is not just theoretical babbling, failed SMPS's power supply modules caused me over 15000€ damage in my company. SMPS's failed because of bad manufacturer practice of using underrated electrolytic capacitors or using tantalum capacitors in unappropriate place.

So LC, are you testing also the reliability of the smps and not only the musical performance ?

This is very critical for me !!!

You must be happy, well that LC Also test the reliability, in which smps should be advised.
I have no news by LC, a smps which is critical, considering that pusched to high-temperature one.
the problem is the working temperature, no more.

Roberto

there is 2200uF/63V Nichicon FW cap on output. Using 63V 85° rated part @ 61V with elevated temperature (inside power amp) is just asking for trouble. 63V rated part is barely enough for 50V, considering 20% margin. With higher temperature there should be wider margin.
It is not just theoretical babbling, failed SMPS's power supply modules caused me over 15000€ damage in my company. SMPS's failed because of bad manufacturer practice of using underrated electrolytic capacitors or using tantalum capacitors in unappropriate place.

I agree with you at 50%. about the caps at 63v. this is "voltage of job", especially if high manufacture.
please, I'm the first one that I do not approve this release pushed at 61V.

The DPS-500-xx have full protection, +1 very special. in case of fault regulators, stop it permanently. I take care of this aspect, on all products.

well, I spoke with the sales of AudioPower, this is what I got for the "S" version,in case of gb.
On the shop: 152 € + vat + spedition (vat depeand from country also)

If LC agree, we can start the gb at price:
149€ each, complete of new AL frame. DPS-500/S-64V

Yes...my stupid reason to push the "DA" version for the difference of ? 8€ ahahah!

Same as the "DA" version full set high voltage rubycon 105° and full 100V output caps.

Max power rating, produces only 12°C-16°C of delta Temperature on trafo.
Difference not visible on the shop, is the power-unit color special green. (as LC have)

Aspect confirmation by LC, this is what I can do.