• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Hi I recommend the balanced receiver from Virtual Zero. It isolate incomming problems from destroying the too fast First one moduls. I bought mine because off problems with Holton Nxl 1200 moduls. They did not like capacitors at input and also not signal transformers at output on pre. This receiver fix thoose problems.

What is the Holton Nxl 1200?
I can't find information about them.
maybe you meant Hypex?

Hi I recommend the balanced receiver from Virtual Zero. It isolate incomming problems from destroying the too fast First one moduls. I bought mine because off problems with Holton Nxl 1200 moduls. They did not like capacitors at input and also not signal transformers at output on pre. This receiver fix thoose problems.

This is an unacceptable workaround. Perhaps these modules are just marginally stable and the similarity to the First One modules is not just superficial. Or there are flaws in the way they have been wired up/grounded. These don't seem to appear in the current line up, or at least i don't see them

DIY Audio Products – Page 2 – Holton Precision Audio

This is an unacceptable workaround. Perhaps these modules are just marginally stable and the similarity to the First One modules is not just superficial. Or there are flaws in the way they have been wired up/grounded. These don't seem to appear in the current line up, or at least i don't see them

DIY Audio Products – Page 2 – Holton Precision Audio

They are very helpful. Connection between the Receivers power ground and the Amps power ground is nessacary. Otherwise there will be hum. The board need 2 x15 vdc.

Not saying they don't help, only that for an amp which is reasonably stable such help is not needed. And any such add-ons only reduce the transparency. Quite unacceptable.

Are you certain the Holton modules are properly grounded? What does the manufacturer say? I find it very unlikely that they sell a defective product.

Not saying they don't help, only that for an amp which is reasonably stable such help is not needed. And any such add-ons only reduce the transparency. Quite unacceptable.

Are you certain the Holton modules are properly grounded? What does the manufacturer say? I find it very unlikely that they sell a defective product.

I made I lot off Holtons. Only this NXL 1200 has problems. I sent them for mods to Australia ( moduls) but now I have modified them further after his advise. So maybe the receiver is not nessecary. But now I got them. So I keep them. Uses the That 1206 with only 4 transistors inside. I would never use an IC. 1200 is the only amp from him with SE in.

IMG_20190920_143124.jpg

1200 W 4 ohm, 2000 w 2 ohm, 700 w 8 ohm. 16 X Exicon Dual Die. Bass is impressive.

Sooo...

6 L modules sold... Sad to let them go, but i kept 2 of them for my own. Have to find time to build an amp with them.
Also i have 10 of damaged M modules.. I hope to fix at least two of them, because i have everything to hook them up.
Well i have everything for 10 of them, but no 6 channel madness now..

I may be able to catch Andreys partners in the up coming high end shows and have a chat. We will see.

Sooo...

6 L modules sold... Sad to let them go, but i kept 2 of them for my own. Have to find time to build an amp with them.
Also i have 10 of damaged M modules.. I hope to fix at least two of them, because i have everything to hook them up.
Well i have everything for 10 of them, but no 6 channel madness now..

I may be able to catch Andreys partners in the up coming high end shows and have a chat. We will see.

Glad to hear you got some of your money back!

Cheers