• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Hi LC,
some of us awaiting the Small version. For me the goal is just to reduce overall power in the box (biamping, less power needed for mid-highs) would it be reasonable to use M version and swap the alfet device with the 8A version like ALF08N16V/ALF08P16V ...
obviously the datasheet shows different value for capacitance and transfer characteristics, but overall behaviour is same... any feedbacks ? or new ETA for S :p ?

Dc adjustment

I find it impossible to adjust DC. One channel 35 mv and the other 51

Attachments

• 20160524_201234.jpg
    20160524_201234.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:

Yet it is well explained on the instructions paper...

First, patience. Next, let warm the amp for one hour.
Then write a column on a paper of the effect on bias and DC offset of each move of each trimmer.
Then trim with patience, given the above, and when you arrive at a promising level, let stabilize again and return measuring after half an hour or so.
With the approach above, I got 7mV on one channel and I thought something was wrong on the other because I got 0mV.

Good luck,
M.

It got really silent here???

Until you wake us up :)

Guess its nearly same process as with VSSA amp and maxlorenz can maybe confirm that, it was nearly impossible go in 0-5mV area without having two DMM connected at same time as suggested in manual, also i made below visual for VSSA amp to help understanding under calibration.

Another thing looking your build stumble over those bypass caps on power bank looks very small and wonder if their effect is measured in situation, because if not recommendation seems for audio gear either do not bypass to stay clear of new impedance peaks in the problematic region of 1...10Mhz or go on the "too large" side. More on the subject over this thread and think especially post 10 and 20 have good explanation and visuals http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...ing-psu-capacitors-effective.html#post1566979.

Attachments

• 90.png
    90.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 91.PNG
    91.PNG
    599 KB · Views: 547
Until you wake us up :)

Another thing looking your build stumble over those bypass caps on power bank looks very small and wonder if their effect is measured in situation, because if not recommendation seems for audio gear either do not bypass to stay clear of new impedance peaks in the problematic region of 1...10Mhz or go on the "too large" side. More on the subject over this thread and think especially post 10 and 20 have good explanation and visuals http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...ing-psu-capacitors-effective.html#post1566979.

More concern is about grounding scheme...
It seemed to me, from the picture, that there were multiple grounding points, instead of one star ground...I may be wrong thou...

Best wishes,
M.