• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Finally done...

I know V1.4 is out there (want a pair of these...later). I am listening with great pleasure for some time now to my V1.3. But my first DIY case still needed finishing... Today I found some time.

I am very pleased with tHe result...(need some minor repair on one of the wood panels later).

R.

Attachments

• IMG_6592.JPG
    IMG_6592.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 756
  • IMG_6593.JPG
    IMG_6593.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 743
Hello R., it has been a while, nice to have you back here. :wave:

I like your both cases very much, they have that unmistakable vintage charm on a first look. Power amp has large front plate surface just calling to install nice big dimmed light analog VU-meters. Also FO v1.4 upgrade will be very simple task if you decide to do it sometime. :up:

PSU is classic or SMPS, what kind of preamp circuit there is? Rest of the system, speakers?

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

Those Graham`s nearly look like Bullet Plugs,hopefully it is better Material.

The material is best of quality, personally made one pair of interconnect cables, just love these Graham's RCA plugs. Speaker bananas are the same quality, not cheap though but completely justifies themselves pricewise :cool:

Hi LC,

Can you give a link for that cable ?

There's no link in existence for this super duper wire, send me a PM. :D

Hello R., it has been a while, nice to have you back here. :wave:

I like your both cases very much, they have that unmistakable vintage charm on a first look. Power amp has large front plate surface just calling to install nice big dimmed light analog VU-meters. Also FO v1.4 upgrade will be very simple task if you decide to do it sometime. :up:

PSU is classic or SMPS, what kind of preamp circuit there is? Rest of the system, speakers?

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

Xerxes75, nice case you have there

Thanks!

My Preamp is a PCM5102 DAC designed by a member of the Dutch diy forum. He also has designed an Sabre version which is very nice. I can't find the inside pictures...

My speakers are the lovely Philips AD12202M. They have a problem tough, the cabinet I designed is too small. They look nice but do have some sonic problems..

The power supply is HYPEX

And yes...a pair of VU meters would be very nice...

R.

Attachments

• IMG_6577.jpg
    IMG_6577.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 594
  • img_6357.jpg
    img_6357.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 579
hi guys
1.4 M arrived last monday, then finally today after 3 hours of driling the stereo module is ready for wiring, hopefully tomorow;

I m going with a compact box with single hypex 1200A400 for stereo testing, but the target is dual box (each biamp). let see

Attachments

• firstone4.jpg
    firstone4.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 780
  • firstone6.jpg
    firstone6.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 656
First One Black Monolith monoblock premiere soon

First One Black Monolith monoblock chassis is coming to assembly this week. It will be impressive in its simplicity, still fully functional as Black Mamba.

Black Mamba and Black Monolith will be available as ready made products as well.

L.C. :cheers:

I usually listen music for one hour in the morning, before going to work...it is increasingly difficult to decide to stand-up and actually go there :( after living with your amp...

Cant stop listening to music since turning on the FO, I even noticed that I hear music for the first time, more clarity indeed.

Is that normal? :D

Guys, I know few fellas here with the same problem.. :D

Once First One is heard in a proper system, the person can't go back anymore.

According to the latest news First One won the OEM competition amongst others very competent amp modules, which is great.