• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Just to be sure:

I ordered SMPS1200A400 and the output is fixed at +/-64VDC. Anybody had toubles with that V?
I know electrolytics can withstand a higher VDC than the rated for short periods...

Dear LC, did you get my order?

Thanks.
M.
I have FO 1.2 (soon to be transformed to 1.3) and no problems at all. LC recommends this PS. I think it's the same with new 1.4 M.

You're the one shooting .I know how this amp is sounding and behaving cause I've one myself.
You can ask somebody how an amp is sounding and get an idea how it sounds but you never know for shure if you like it, personal taste kicks in here.To know myself which amp I had bought and build several diy amps.It wasn't my intention to steer you away from the First One.I did take a look at The Wire Amp but personaly I don't like the use of an IC in an amp.But as said before that's personal.

Finally!

After a long time wishing, planning, building and a nasty/costly disaster it is Finally there!!

My First One (V1.3) is alive!:) That my V1.2 went up in flames is forgotten...:( (long story).

I find it very hard to put a label on what you are hearing, but I can say I Love it!!

Oh, and my own (very) Lazy Cat loves it also...

R.

Attachments

• IMG_6357.JPG
    IMG_6357.JPG
    286.3 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_6360.JPG
    IMG_6360.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_6361.JPG
    IMG_6361.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_6271.JPG
    IMG_6271.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 519
After a long time wishing, planning, building and a nasty/costly disaster it is Finally there!!

My First One (V1.3) is alive!:) That my V1.2 went up in flames is forgotten...:( (long story).

I find it very hard to put a label on what you are hearing, but I can say I Love it!!

Oh, and my own (very) Lazy Cat loves it also...

R.

I always liked single power supply option. It has more forgiving sound. And it is very enjoyable at the same time.

It looks like your cat knows that already. LazyCat has competition.

Your box looks very good.

Congrats on the project.

You're the one shooting .I know how this amp is sounding and behaving cause I've one myself.
You can ask somebody how an amp is sounding and get an idea how it sounds but you never know for shure if you like it, personal taste kicks in here.To know myself which amp I had bought and build several diy amps.It wasn't my intention to steer you away from the First One.I did take a look at The Wire Amp but personaly I don't like the use of an IC in an amp.But as said before that's personal.

Thanks. Now you have at least given a reason (IC.) Interestingly they are bothing driving lateral mosfets.