Firefox marked the forum as an "Attack site" [RESOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Firefox/Win7 machine just now loaded the main diyaudio.com page without any squawks but some of the threads trigger the "Attack Site" warning. See atch image.

Dale

Attachments

• Attack_Page_Screen_Capture.png
    Attack_Page_Screen_Capture.png
    47 KB · Views: 191
Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I've found the problem, at least for Firefox users, and seeing as all recent reports are by people using Firefox 17.0.1 I am guessing this is the sum of all our problems - it's a bug in the current version of Firefox, that can cause any site flagged by Google's system to stay flagged.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820283

There is already a new beta version of Firefox with the bug fixed:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/18.0b6/

I have posted an announcement with some more details here.

Last edited:
I've found the problem, at least for Firefox users, and seeing as all recent reports are by people using Firefox 17.0.1 I am guessing this is the sum of all our problems - it's a bug in the current version of Firefox, that can cause any site flagged by Google's system to stay flagged.

I did wonder earlier on if it was being permanently stored by the browser or something like that :D

On reading Jason's last post I installed Firefox 18.0.0 on my Mac Pro desktop. No trouble since then. I had had problems with FF17.0.3 a couple of weeks prior to this DIYaudio problem, though less far reaching. FF18 seems crisper (snappier) and connection times are definitly faster.:)

I've been using Waterfox and Pale Moon for a few months and don't seem to have some of the problems other FF users are having. Only one of the warnings in Waterfox, but all I did was shutdown the browser and restart it and no warnings since.

I also have FF, but I rarely use it and it's probably 4 versions behind. Might be time for me to update it.

Thanks...you seem to have deleted the post which - according to my email notification was suspect. I think that people often post without reading previous posts. Could the warning be posted as a sticky - in big red letters - as a sticky at the top of all pages? Such action may just prevent a few posts with dangerous links from being sent.

Happy, bug free, New Year to you all!

I'm running FF 17.0.1 in XP.

One of my home pages is set as "diyaudio tubes/valves" so I can go straight to the latest posts. Have been following the thread, "quicky rebuild 6v6 to 807" so went to Shoogs last post using the "go to last post" icon. Up came that ubiquitous red page.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all.

Bill

Thanks...you seem to have deleted the post which - according to my email notification was suspect. I think that people often post without reading previous posts. Could the warning be posted as a sticky - in big red letters - as a sticky at the top of all pages? Such action may just prevent a few posts with dangerous links from being sent.

Happy, bug free, New Year to you all!
This thread is getting to be too long for everyone to read every page.

Maybe the mods should lock it? Jason has probably done all that can be done.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820283

There is already a new beta version of Firefox with the bug fixed:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/18.0b6/

I have posted an announcement with some more details here.

That..seems..to have fixed it! No more warnings for a while now,hopefully it stays that way.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Bare, your post is not helpful, you could at the least indicate what browser you received the warning on including browser version and taken a screen shot of the message on the google web tools page for diyAudio.

FF 17.0.1 has a known bug where once the flag is set it remains active regardless of the site status. So what browser are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.