Finished Lm3886 Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished my amp and want thank Brian for all his help; and also Carlosfm for his contributions - especially concerning grounding. The amp is totally silent at idle and approaches my mother-in-law's Krell 150a in accuracy. I know there are many like me who are rookies at DIY audio, and are in the backgound feeding from the pros in the foreground; keep up the good work, it is truely appreciated.

Bob

Finished Amp Pis

I'm having trouble attaching the pics.

Attachments

• chipamp.jpg
    chipamp.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,041
Tekko said:
Nice looking amp but crappy crappy camera, looks like the old days 640x480 res with 16 colors.

Did you need to say that?
It shows that you know a lot about photo.
The problem is not the camera, but the (crappy) software used to compress the image to be posted here.

PS: Old days were monochromatic displays, 16 colours was a dream.

Finished dual mono 3886 PowerAmp

I have also finished my dual mono 3886 Power Amp. It is based on the BrianGT PCB with the snubberized Power Supply from Corlosfm. It sounds really great and I enjoy listen to it. I want to thank all fanatics in this forum.

Thank you.
Bernd-HH

Attachments

• gainclone-bernd-hh-15.jpg
    gainclone-bernd-hh-15.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 405
Bob,
Nice looking amp. From your picture it looks as though the RCAs are not isolated from the chassis. It is generally considered good practice to isolate them with plastic washers, helps to avoid ground loops. You mention that you have no noise so it might not be a problem with this amp, but on your next build it is something to consider. If they are isolated, disreguard, and keep up the good work. Pictures look much better too.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.