Finest case for amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is one cool amp... The amplifier case look really good.

Attachments

• x1000.jpg
    x1000.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,948
Speaking of the XA amps... what's used to light the power meters? Blue leds, neons? I want to add analog needle vu-meters to my soon coming preamp, and lighting them like that (sorta) would look cool.

On the other hand, i'm quite done with the wooden case for my JLH. It looks gorgeous, but i still dunno if it would need internal shielding (with aluiminum foil or whatever). I'll try to post some pics as soon as posible!

HPotter said:

Can you imagine amplifier sound without listening it?
I don´t mean exactly superiority or differences between amplifiers sound, but only on the basis of the appearance.

Example:

Freddie´s picture:
I think this amplifier sounds like "rounded", "cold" and "icy".

planet10´s picture:
This amplifier sound is like "warm" and "creamy".

HPotter´s picture:
This amplifier sound is like "mechanical", "piercing", "fast" and little bit "flat".

These are only imagined differences....
:)

I hope You understand my english.

:) :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Eccu said:
planet10´s picture:
This amplifier sound is like "warm" and "creamy".

Haven't heard the amp so i can't say how it sounds. It was one of the hits of the latest VSAC show. More tidbits and pictures of the amp cab be seen by visiting the Doc Bottlehead VSAC site.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

wow!

That is realy impressive.My next (major)project would probaly be tranzistor class-A,but this valve tubes is quite impressive.Now i dont know :confused: what to planed in the future.
I was thinking something like bi-amped system with A-class for tweeters and mid range and AB for bass.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.