• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Ok, some of you guys in the US need to start slingin' some solder soon! :)

So far, we have only heard from Dbel:
50095676227_53b1a33636_c.jpg

I'll admit to being a slacker. I have the boards, but currently working on my version of a Pass F7 to drive the high end of LXMinis (which are also in progress), then the FH9HVX to drive the low end. I have the Papa Pass designed analog crossover built already to integrate with a pre-amp using an AMB LCDuino-1 controller. Should be an interesting combination.

Hi X. yes, it has been more challenging that I thought to use this chassis and I am hoping stray hum does not determine its fate. I did look at the RTR SSR but there is no space for them either. In the spirit of DIY I will see if I can pull of a seriously compact integrated - ACP front end = that is going to be a tight fit too. J74' s arrived, so can finish that assembly too.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
SMPS can be compact and work very well. You might be surprised how quiet they are (but needs to be tested). Some brands are noisier than others. Some brands need to have their fans disabled or replaced with a Noctua.

There are some Meanwell medical grade open frames that are very good. Jhofland tried them out in a Class A amp build and they worked well. I have tried two cheap 48v 800w LED power supplies in series and that works too.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X. yes, it has been more challenging that I thought to use this chassis and I am hoping stray hum does not determine its fate. I did look at the RTR SSR but there is no space for them either. In the spirit of DIY I will see if I can pull of a seriously compact integrated - ACP front end = that is going to be a tight fit too. J74' s arrived, so can finish that assembly too.

If you got rid of that small SMPS and relay based unit, the RTR SSRs easily for there. They are quite small: 75mm x 36mm x 20mm high I think. They would connect directly to the 2pin Molex on the FH9HVX labeled “SSR” for the power.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Francois, Vunce,

I am working on the All C's BOM. The summer weather has arrived finally (less rain, as we live in an interior rain forest in Canada), so I have been putting my golf clubs to good use. Not sure when I will have it done, but I am not in a rush.

MM

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Vunce,

I should have pointed out in my post that I referred to the Mouser BOM for the All Cs PSU that Kokanee is working on. Sorry for being unclear about it.

My amplifier boards mouser BOM is based on your post #93; very helpful and thanks very much.

Thanks Kokanee for the update (delivered while I was typing). Please enjoy your chance to play!

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member

Hi Dbel, you want to put the Yarra format ACP+ as a preamp for the FH9HVX? It has sufficient gain (29dB I think) and really doesn’t need it.

Any luck checking to see if trafos are too close for no hum?