Fertin vs Supravox

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I must say I am pretty intersted in this discusion too...
I am thinking at the same thing for a while, and I guess that Fertin would better the bicones in the upper frequencies (just because I know that wizzer cones are not that good)...

But again, maybe you should tell what cabinet are you going to use for them...for example I was thinking at an open baffle (wich nevertheless qualefies both of them because of the Qts..)

I bought a pair of Fertins (20EX with all upgrades) in December, but didn't have time to install them yet. When I do, I will certainly post some comments.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They certainly know how to package them properly:

Supertweeter not necessary. If its still mounted crossing frequenzy would be quite high 12-15k
215 Bicone shows quite clearly whatkind of Amp and source
you have for signal. My 300b needed quite fixation to get best results ,on Bias ,PSU caps Retification etc ..Igot these solved .
Im still using my proto OB baffle and next step is to finalize it.
But still Fertin might do this also and maybe better.

Papparazzi

open baffle

good morning all

I have these 2 supravox bicone 93db. I have tried these in a qwtp and blh. It is hard to describe why; but these drivers have been gathering dust for some time.

I will give them another go, this time on open baffle. The qts. are .8 so from what I have read, this should work well.

I am constraining the baffle size because of my room-13'x14' to 24" x 36" approx.

It will be a 6 corner baffle using the "edge" open baffle design program. The baffle is a bit unusual with the driver placed close to an edge.

Should be fun with minimum expense.

cheers
doggy :)

Attachments

• supravox 001 (small).jpg
    supravox 001 (small).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 970
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.