Fake STK3152/STK3102

R9 and R18 have to double in value to keep dissipation down.
I would expect all the emitter resistor to scale up a little, maybe x1.5 or the transistors will cook

Again can a Mod change the title of this thread to "Clone", nobody is passing off the modules presented in this thread as Sanyo originals

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Greetings from Hungary.
I have a question. I have a Marantz PM52. It has STK3062 MK4 IC originally. According to the data sheet, the recommended operating voltage is +-41V. The factory instead drives it with +-46.5V. Of course it gets hot. Do you think the STK3102 needs to be modified for use in the PM52?

I would adjust all the highlighted resistors for higher supply voltages. The chain of three would have to be much higher values, the others a little higher to avoid frying the transistors

Attachments

• STK3102-highlight.png
    STK3102-highlight.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 169
Hello fellow Sound members,
please help,
I have received 1 amplifier Marantz PM80 , status : sing 1 time or output relay outage ,
I checked that 1 330 ohm resistor burned.
I measured and checked the output voltage on the stk 3102-iv batteries, the difference between the 2 channels R and L.
I bought another one from China and instead measured the output voltage, it didn't deviate, but the relay output did not close and the audio signal did not come out.
You guys have done through this amplifier, please guide.
thanks a lot.
Thanh Doanh

Hello all,

This topic has been an interesting read. I'm the owner of an marantz pm-64mk2 that utilizes a stk3102III module. Most likely the cause of the defect. The speaker relays do not come up after powering on the amp. In the netherlands there a few shops that sell replacement modules with the name pmc/sanyo in it. Most likely not originals, right?
Does anyone have a spare pcb left or even better a complete clone (latest revision) designed by davidsrsb?
And can anyone tell what voltages are on each pin so that I can pinpoint exactly where my module is faulty?

Kind regards.

Those modules are not easy to repair, and are famous for random failures.
The data sheet should be available on line, they were used by most Japanese makes.
See my Post #124 above.

You see, the modules made as stereo amps were essentially two amps sharing the same power supply, mounted on a thick aluminum backed PCB, with circuits you can find out about. You cannot change the parts inside the original modules.
And they usually blew the speaker and power supply as well.
So any investigation is fraught with danger.

What made you decide it was faulty? Relay not clicking, means protection.
Pin out voltages should be easy to find...

Sanyo Semiconductor is now part of an American company, Sanyo is defunct, some other divisions have been taken over by Panasonic.
STK modules went out of production by Sanyo in the mid 90s, and their OEM production simply had part number and function, Sanyo mark was only for the limited replacement market.

Here in India, we get decent STK4141 copies, but I cannot vouch for what is sold in your country..
You could ask a technician, but rest assured they are average to terrible copies, made using various methods.

Try these:
https://datasheetspdf.com/datasheet/STK3102.html

Or simply search for the data sheet in other places.
Sanyo was a bit iffy, some sheets are detailed, some are not.
Or try your amp's service manual, that should be useful.

Last edited:
I am not trying to repair a existing faulty module. What I meant was if someone had a spare pcb that they have outsourced to a company that makes them. In previous posts there are several people that have bought one or more and soldered the components on themselves as designed by davidsrsb.

On several forums I have read that after replacing the module the relais does come up. Also that this module or variants will always go defect in different brand amps including mine. As for troubleshooting the problem I will do some voltage measurement on the module to rule that out as a cause prior to ordering a replacement. As a first and preventive step I will replace the module. That's most likely the easiest and logical route.

My guess is that the ones available over here are at best avarage copies as you have mentioned. I am still waiting on an email reply from a webshop for comformation if the one that they sell for about 28 euro's is indeed an original (new old stock stk3152III).
The one that they have listed on their site costs about 15 euro that has the PMC/Sanyo brand description.

As to the service manual there is none available, those that circulate the web are not reliable because marantz made errors. This is mentioned in several marantz forums.

So my original question remains. Does anyone have a spare circuitboard preferably with components already soldered on?

Thanks

Last edited:
Those modules were used by major Japanese makes like Sony, Sansui, Pioneer, Kenwood and so on, and those units were better made, and sold in far larger volumes than Marantz.
So a little searching will find the manuals with proper circuit voltages.

I cannot vouch for what is being sold in your country as original, clone or equivalent.

The designs for the circuits may be public, bear in mind that heat dissipation from SMD power transistors is a big issue, poor bonding to heat sink will be a problem for most people.
In this case the heat sink is a layer of a multi layer board with Al backing, now common for large LEDs. That is mounted on the heat sink in the amp.

First be sure that the module is faulty (speaker to supply pins are short circuit at times, easy to find).
Then go ahead, I would recommend a transistor type board, or a dual 7294 type.
Class D, see if you find one that suits the supply.

A substitute module, I think it is a dubious decision. My opinion...

Circuit voltages may vary depending on design and implementation by different brands/amps right? Best is to ask around on marantz forums for pwople that have the exact same amp.

A non electrical conductive/high thermal conductive thermal pad as used in computer components will solve that problem. It is mentioned in previous posts.

What do you mean by: "speaker to supply pins are short circuit at times, easy to find."
How do I determine that? Where do I need to measure?