Faitalpro 3fe22/25 Scanspeak 8424 comparison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:D didn't know that glass was as light as air !

Yep that's the receip. I'm wonder how they do and apply it on their cones ?

Any news about the ScanSpeak 10F 8 ohms ? I have one, but dispear to use it due to its low max spl and the difficulty to horn it ! An D'Apolitto could do it a la Kef 104/2 or Proac D 3.5... but not sure I want to buy 2 more !
Well, when I said it was full of air bubbles, it meant 99% air and 1% glass... it is also used on the space shuttle as heat shield.

By making something thick but 'hollow' you make it very resistant to flexing. Something the building industry calls I-beam.. Same principle applies here...

BTW, do you know that aeroplane turbine blades are metal filled with air....

Oon

For me it's just a flash idea as I got a huge bottle at home & knowing its properties I thought that I should give it a try & surprise surprise Lol
Since I can't get it maybe I try modge podge. BTW if you intend to measure it before Nd after, what to take note is the CSD or waterfall graph. That was what was observed by the guy who modded his Lcao as well as myself. Never got around to publish those datas. Maybe I will do it if I find some time.

Oon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.