Faitalpro 3fe22/25 Scanspeak 8424 comparison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I damped the surround as per Troels way. Off course the secret is the compound.
Not sure if you can get it. Im into ship interior design & construction. It is a water base latex
compound that we use for flooring work. If you've got friends in shipbuilding I'll be glad to tell you what to ask for. It's white & milky when applied it's blueish but dry transparent.
Surprisingly effective.

Hi Freddi
FYi more important is the damping compound.

Attachments

• EBDDF651-ABE3-45E5-8EA2-45C394145812.jpg
    EBDDF651-ABE3-45E5-8EA2-45C394145812.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 174
I damped the surround as per Troels way. Off course the secret is the compound.
Not sure if you can get it. Im into ship interior design & construction. It is a water base latex
compound that we use for flooring work. If you've got friends in shipbuilding I'll be glad to tell you what to ask for. It's white & milky when applied it's blueish but dry transparent.
Surprisingly effective.
Don't know any but who knows in these days you can buy anything of the internet.

I read Troels article before. And there is a Thread here in DIY audio discussing it.

Visaton LTS 50 is pretty good and can be easily purchased. It improves the highs a lot. cuts down a lot of noise.

Paper Cone Treatments

Oon

Audax is aerogel something that's lighter then air.
Have collected some drivers over the years Diyiggy.
Anyway for what the 3fe22 does, its quite mind boggling.
It plays loud too it should sound pretty good once loaded.
Im listening to it in free space. Let's see how far I can go with this damping to try & improve the sound further.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Don't know any but who knows in these days you can buy anything of the internet.

I read Troels article before. And there is a Thread here in DIY audio discussing it.

Visaton LTS 50 is pretty good and can be easily purchased. It improves the highs a lot. cuts down a lot of noise.

Paper Cone Treatments

Oon

Makes me think about what Planet10 is using himelf but can be found in tools stores or internet, it's in the thread.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I don't think it's lighter than air of course and btw it's too much tacky to be light. I think they sprayed it... perhaps that's the aero word into it !

Too bad you don't measure your drivers before and after...

In the SS 10F/84 : its a wooven poly material with a very thin very aero coatings , I ask myself if someone even tried to tame what's above 1.5 k hz with such coatings ?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
not sure one made a better material than Audax, but who knows !I can remember it was good for the mids and low trebles but their areogel paper kevlar was not superior to their paper in the bass with some 21cm ! Well maybe due to others parameters (T&S, motors)!

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
:D didn't know that glass was as light as air !

Yep that's the receip. I'm wonder how they do and apply it on their cones ?

Any news about the ScanSpeak 10F 8 ohms ? I have one, but dispear to use it due to its low max spl and the difficulty to horn it ! An D'Apolitto could do it a la Kef 104/2 or Proac D 3.5... but not sure I want to buy 2 more !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.