F5 Headamp ?

Together with a few Beta testers, we have tried a different way of using the passive cross feed filter.
For the F5-HA, I still suggest keeping the JFET buffer, but now between volume pot wiper and F5-HA input.
This will ensure maximum bandwidth and also get rid of the 100p input capacitor.

Patrick

Attachments

• F5-HA Using a Passive Cross Feed.pdf
    546.9 KB · Views: 952
Joined 2009
Paid Member
But his are not matched at these low currents?

All the 2SK2013/2SJ313 I acquired and traced had very similar transfer functions and track reasonably well from 50 mA to 1A when sorted for both Vgs and Yfs at a single, not to extreme, current (0.5A in my case).

Of course, matching will never be as good as that achieved when the tracing is conducted under true operating conditions, in which Patrick is the true master!

I would love to sort another batch of devices, if I could find them in numbers at a reasonable cost:(
Remember that the success of any serious matching effort will be proportional to the number of devices you start out with as well the intrinsic diversity among them.

Cheers,

Nic

Finally got the regs working (stixx's cap mult) after miswiring the lm329s. Curiously I've got 14.9v on the positive side and -15.4v on the neg side. Same voltage drop across both strings of lm329/led.

Should I be concerned?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 584
Finally got the regs working (stixx's cap mult) after miswiring the lm329s. Curiously I've got 14.9v on the positive side and -15.4v on the neg side. Same voltage drop across both strings of lm329/led.

Should I be concerned?

I was exploring Stixx's PS in LTSpice and noticed that increasing C10 cap caused oscillation. Even at 330uF there is a little. Decreasing to 220uF seems to improve it.

I also tried adding a cap between Q1 & Q2 which improved the regulation slightly. I know LTSpice isn't necessarily the same as real life. Is there any problem adding a cap here?

Attachments

• stixx oscillation.jpg
    stixx oscillation.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 871
  • stixx modified.jpg
    stixx modified.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 836