F-5 Turbo boards

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Hello, I have received all my boards, stuffing components, transformers etc. The only thing I haven’t pulled the trigger on is the D5 case and back panel key because I’m not quite sure how to proceed. I know I want the front panel to have a couple holes in it for led’s and some engraving. Nothing crazy but I don’t want the amp to look totally generic. Can anyone assist in the procedure in submitting a font style and size for the D5 front panel. I just know when it’s done, it’s done. Thank you in advance.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Can someone please assist, I bought the transistor kit for the F5-V2 from the diy store and I’m not sure where these are used? I’ve studied the schematics and don’t see them. Thanks in advance. 07BB6E82-7E7B-47DE-A09C-A4D99EBB1D7A.jpg

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Good morning, I have a question about the led on the power supply boards. Is the LED to be installed on the board itself or should a pair of wires be ran to that spot and place the led in the chassis front panel used as the indicator? Also, is it beneficial sonically or to prevent noise issues to detach the rectifier portion of the psu boards vs leading them as a complete assy? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Joined 2017
Paid Member
I’m sorry guys for all the questions, I’m fairly new at this. On the power supply board, do we not use C-17, C-18, R-11, R-12, RS1, RS2, CX1 & CX2? I got ahead of myself parts list vs pictures on the forum and installed C-17, C-18, R-11 & R-12 before I realized they weren’t on the one in the picture. Should I remove them? Also, what about the others considered snubbers and if needed, what is the value. Thanks for your patience.

I’m sorry guys for all the questions, I’m fairly new at this. On the power supply board, do we not use C-17, C-18, R-11, R-12, RS1, RS2, CX1 & CX2? I got ahead of myself parts list vs pictures on the forum and installed C-17, C-18, R-11 & R-12 before I realized they weren’t on the one in the picture. Should I remove them? Also, what about the others considered snubbers and if needed, what is the value. Thanks for your patience.

Hi There-
Sorry nobody has responded to you yet. I am not in front of my power supply, but I am pretty sure whoever responds will direct you to the power supply board thread.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/the...l-power-supply-circuit-board.html#post3554857

I will look when I get home.
Wes

I saw that and the see notes 3 & 4 but I can’t open the notes to get the values.

Everyone has advised me to hold off on the snubbers until after the build. (note 4).

Note 1 Capacitor Voltage Rating depends on your Transformer's Secondary Voltage rating!!!
Note 2 Diode Reverse Voltage rating depends on your Transformer's Secondary Voltage rating!!!
Note 3 Optimal values differ from one application to another. See forums for more information
Note 4 See this article from Hagerman Technology for information in computing optimal vaues