EZDAC is singing now!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, for example, if I ordered 50 boards, I could sell them for, let's say, $15 each (plus shipping/paypal), and they would have soldermask/silkscreen. However, that would require me to put up front quite a bit of cash to order the boards. If I knew there was enough demand...it would be no problem. To give you guys a rough estimate, since I first built the ezdac, I've sold roughly 40-50 boards over the last 10 months or so. Are there enough other DIYers interested in this project? I don't know.

I started an Interest Check thread over at my forum. If anyone is interested in getting boards from me, please go there, so I can get a good estimate of the demand. If there is enough demand for boards, I will place another order within a couple of months. Here's the thread (you will need to register, but it's completely free, of course):

http://ezdiyaudio.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=32

Thanks!

avr300 said:
Very interested!

Ray, can you give a quick update of the sonic performance with the Flea mounted in the ezDAC ?

And btw, great job with the PCB.

I used The Flea with the standard Abracon fitted first, and now I have a Tentlabs XO on it. The difference between the on-board oscillator and a Flea is the same as can be observed with many cd players: more relaxed soundstage e.g. more quiet background and less fatigue, more defined highs and sound opening up, less sticking to the speakers.

As far as my judgement goed, the difference between the Tentlabs XO and the standard can are not that big, maybe the Abracon already has very decent specs? It's hard to do an A-B comparison when you have to unsolder the oscillator :D.

Regards,

Ray

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.