Exposure output devices?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,
does anybody happen to know what output devices exposure use in their amp's, specifically the Super XX, i've just shorted the o/p so mine are no more! there are three per channel:
EXP002N EXP002P EXP8N ch1.
EXP002N EXP002P EXP8P ch2.
any info greatly appreciated
Mark

From very recent experience reviving a XX integrated.

1. service@exposurehifi.com is very helpful.

2. EXP002N/Ps are the output transistors. Originals are made by Semelab to Expo specs and can still be ordered from Expo service. Else venerable MJ15003/4 should fit. Newer MJ15022/3 works for me. If you're truly adventurous, you can try newest MJ21193/4. Risk: Oscillation. Reward: Better sound.

3. EXP8N/P are not output but part of regulated amp supply. You can use the same devices as the output transistors.

4. Need to check/replace ztx452/552 pairs, diodes and resistors upstream as well when repairing blown channel(s).

cheers

The ztx452/552 pairs are quiet hard to obtain these days. Does someone have a suggestion to alternative complimentary pairs?

ZTX452 NPN / ZTX552 PNP

ZTX214C NPN / ZTX384C PNP

Some of the alternatives for these different ZTX devices are the same alternative...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.