Exploring Purifi Woofer Speaker Builds

@lrisbo Is Purifis grand plan to release all their woofers in the same way as the 6,5 inch? Meaning there will be an X and M version for 6,5/4,0/5,25/8/10 drivers? Or will the 10 inch be of another category (“S”) for instance.

Sorry I’m sure you got similar questions plenty of times before. You should post one TS parameter for next release each Friday afternoon, it would be like Christmas once a week :D.

X,W and M just indicate the relative linear stroke. Maybe we can use S for a dedicated sub driver, ie with long stroke but a very strong and heavy 4 or 6 layer coil (the X midwoofers also do excellent midrange and an S would not go as high). we will see. These naming conventions seem to give rise to lengthy discussions both internally and externally (until the cows get home as they say on the country side)

Reactions: 2 users
X,W and M just indicate the relative linear stroke. Maybe we can use S for a dedicated sub driver, ie with long stroke but a very strong and heavy 4 or 6 layer coil (the X midwoofers also do excellent midrange and an S would not go as high). we will see. These naming conventions seem to give rise to lengthy discussions both internally and externally (until the cows get home as they say on the country side)

True. Why limit to S when you can have both with X.

So we know your releasing a more powerful amp module. No plans for something like the Fusionamps?

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Back in the olden days in uk beer would be tested by Ale Conners and the story is that they would put an 'X' on the cask to say it was good. This has lead to some beers being marked 'XX', 'XXX' or even 'XXXX' as more X must be better. So there may be room for an 'XX' in the range at some point. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Lars,

My humble prototype cabinets are patiently awaiting your creations.

best regards,
Thanh
57965236-6784-4B02-8311-45C40BE79F23.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Friends I have a pair Purifi PTT4.0W04 woofer can we make FAST speaker or it doesn't make sense. Application is speaker in my office so will be on my desk its a small room. I love basss dont like too much highs. I listen to mainly electronic EDM music. In Fullrange I have Visaton B 80 3.3" Full-Range Driver 8 Ohm and Peerless by Tymphany TC9FD18-08 3-1/2" Full Range. Please suggest what should be the idea way to go. Amp I have Hypex Ncore 250 watts per Chanel and also Chinese TPA 3255 2 channel 2 boards and Minidsp 2x4

You can certainly build something with those components, but I'm not sure the PTT4.0 will provide you with the bass you desire (below, say 40 Hz). It might be best to add a subwoofer. As to the choice between the B 80 and the TC9, both are good drivers. I'd try them and see which I like better. If a subwoofer is out of the question, you might consider using this passive radiator:

SB Acoustics SB15SFCR-00

Reactions: 1 user