• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EU Mini Group Buy FQA19N20C / FQA12P20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
> Can I still get in on this group buy?

No, GB closed. Please join the other 2 on-going group buys, especially for America.

For the GB participants :

All have been informed of transfer details, including Danny a minute ago. If you still do not recive it today, then probably you need to check your spam filter. I am not posting bank details here.

At least 3 have confirmed their transfer which I shall check during the week (Thanks). Experience says it takes 3 days +. Once all transfers are received, I shall confirm here again and place the order. Then it is waiting time .......

>What's the plan for the matching ?

Room temperature, clamp FET on a large block of aluminium to keep case temperature stable. Run a constant current source at 1.6A through the FET (Drain-Source) with gate tied to Power Supply +ve (for N-FET) via 100ohm resistor. Measure Vgs with 0.1% 4-digit multimeter. Will take ages because of electrical connections (no socket for TO247 that will take 1.6A without much voltage drop) and clamping on "heatsink".

Within 10mV would be considered matched, as the voltage will keep drifting as the FET warms up. The only way to match to better than 10mV is to run it at steady state on a real heatsink. And I am NOT going to do that for 900 FETs, for all the money in the world.

;)

Any better suggestions ?

Patrick

Just checked bank account.
Nothing as yet (did not expect either).

All have notified bank transfer or to be done later today.
Thanks.

Am not in town for a couple of days as from tomorrow, and Thursday is public holiday in Germany.
So probably order during the weekend, earliest.

I shall only update here to safe time, except for special circumstances involving personal details.

Nice evening,
Patrick

EUVL said:
Tino was the first to transfer and his money just arrived with thanks.
I guess the rest would not arrive before Friday, tomorrow being public holiday.

Swiss banks still quick despite troubles, eh..... ;)

EUVL said:

Meanwhile, the dollar is creeping up to 1.556 against the Euro.
So we already lost 2% of the 10% currency allowance.

:(
Don't worry, Mister Bernanke will cut the Fed rates today, and the Euro will go back up. :D

Tino

Quick update.

Digikey has notified shipping and sent invoice by email.
So hats off to them for keeping to schedule.
Have not received the goods yet.
Shall keep you informed.

As they all come in one go, please allow a month for the matching.
Expect shipment to leave Oberkochen around mid-August.

Nice evening,
Patrick

I hope you are keeping an eye on the thread. :)

Another update :

The goods have arrived last weekend (at Bertram's who handles all purchasing matters for our DIY group; many many thanks as always, Bertram). It is now on its way to me by DHL.

We also have the invoice, etc.

450 pcs FQA12P20 217.50 Euros
450 pcs FQA19N20C 180.10 Euros

UPS handled the VAT clearance at the German customs, and charged 101.60 for that, of which 85.80 Euros is German VAT, and the rest (15.80) handling charges. As the total sum is above 350 Euros, it cannot be done by the private person who receive the goods, but by the forwarder instead (German law).

I have not received the original invoice instead, but I think we were not charged delivery costs (new offer from Digikey for orders above 150 Euros).

The total comes to 499.20 Euros for now. P&P costs to be added when I am done with the matching.

I shall keep you posted once I have further news.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.